Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Well you know what my SP bg is like. It has a lot of range. Zombies always seem to do really really really well against it though

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Lumbering is currently -18, if I'm remembering right. And yes, at 5 nora, Zombie Herder is a gross and theme-defining (and redefining) ability. I really hate it: it's so strong that it's preposterous to build zombies without it, and it undoes the core thematic idea behind zombies i.e. their burly slowness. Instead, Herder turns them all into little lightning bolts.

As for zombies' weaknesses -- aggressive anti summon (like BCS or Raven Tongue), some maps, and some matchups. They are usually weaker to things like ST frost amp, or minos on larger, spread out fields. They flourish, however, with choke points or short shrine-to-font distances.

Sirius and IMAGIRL like this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the herder ability is fine imo, i dont even want to think about how bad they'd be without that ability. lumbering really sucks and they have alot of 5 speeds on top of that.

4. Ballballer

Well with herder, the stupid spell that gives them crushing charge and elusive, and mobilization, zombies have an incredible amount of burst movement that pretty much negates the point of lumbering (aside from the draw losses im sure they can get, but I imagine they get to double deploy quite often which even negates that weakness somewhat)

5. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

we got an equip now that gives battle leader spot much better. syrge sure if you want a 90 nora+ champ that will be insta killed why not

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

best of 5, right after they shoeboxed unholy tomb and the fw faction and nerfed haunting spirit i had made my bg around by 13 nora.

thats the only reason he challenged me to that series, because he knew the runes I was using were getting nerfed while his skeezick were going to remain broken at the time.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

why does black tempest cost the same as nora incarnate?!?!

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

No thanks, based on your comments, every theme would end up with the same champs.

Gnomes, Ifem21, Sirius and 4 others like this.
  9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the same no, balanced yes. You are confusing variety with the power level of the runes. I dont actually want to balance all of the runes tho, thatd be alot of work.

changing, removing, or replacing an ability that is bad or flawed in its design isnt making it the same as all the others.

also giving champs with poor ranges and stats better ones isnt making them the same, its just making them playable. There are other ways to make poor range/statistic champs playable but that would but theyd be much more difficult to get right and the players just want to be able to play their themes without the themes losing them games.

10. Sokolov

Then you should make more nuanced suggestions instead of "reduce cost, give better range" for every theme. Because what you say for every theme seems to be the same thing.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

there are a ton of different things that can be done to improve nearly every theme in the game, I dont have that kind of time or energy to really work on them in that amount of detail. The stuff i point out and try to get changed are the major issues preventing them from being played at a decent skill level. Really I just like playing the themes in the game and want them to be decent enough so I can run them.

2-3 and 2-4 range for example, technically aren't the real issue. The problem is the build of these champs.(their stats and abilities not being strong enough to make up for their very weak ranges) Addressing the stat and ability builds would be much more difficult, time consuming, and would take way longer for the devs to get right though.

strong ranged champs are the easiest way to put a band-aid on a theme that may have a bunch of other issues that would be much more time consuming and difficult to address. getting their abilities costed properly and reworking worthless abilities also helps a ton too.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

then shut up.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

pretty much all the changes made to charge abilities besides the cd of bombs need to be reverted. charged healing needs a 2 turn cd. The nora increase on death charge, deploy charge, etc all need to be removed. you guys fixed keeper by removing its nora steal but for some reason didnt undo the 500 others nerfs made to charge abilities that were meant to balance this champ but just ended up not dealing with the problem and shoeboxing a bunch of other runes.(same thing with the tough ability)

the only good change to charge abilities that has been made in the past year(unless I you guys made some cost reductions) was the increased cooldown on charged bomb, charged healing needs a 1 cd nerf as well.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Can we at least change Shrunken to round up instead of down?

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

battlemaster rank icons are glitched. im at a higher rating than halfgod yet he has the better icon :(. @Sokolov

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the devs made moga trapper op again, wtf, lol... look at ghern sustainer, mika, moga inferno, trapper, and moga chef. LOL

o well, at least moga dont suck now.

17. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

I still say distract making block/dodge fail. Does no one else agree?

18. Sokolov

Target relic gains Immobile and Pariah. Spaces within 4 spaces of it becomes Vegetation for 5 turns. When the Vegetation effect ends, 3 Saplings without upgrades are summoned in the affected area and the relic is destroyed.

Like this?

19. Ballballer

Overgrowth is op now. Youre summoning like 89 hp of meat that can get boosted, take root for spot range anf multiattack, etc. it also kills a relic and only costs 20 nora. Please nerf thank you

20. Sokolov

1 - It's 25 nora.
    2 - They don't have Take Root (because they don't have upgrades)

Let me know if you still think it's OP with these corrected facts.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015