Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

You're probably right. The stats on the lerper are pretty good, should be ok to leave the cost unchanged.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

If you think about what you are getting in reverse...

Deploy a Winged Lerper for ~50, and getting Anaru for less than 50 basically... that doesn't seem terrible. It's not exciting.

The problem is that you do need to save up all that nora for one deploy, which makes dropping her a bit less efficient (and there SHOULD be a discount for doing that). Plus one of them is a SUMMONED champ, of course, with its own drawbacks.

3. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

That's true.

One advantage of having two champs is that you can make it harder for an engaged ranged champ to break away. Another downside, on the other hand, is that defense applies twice, since your damage is spread over two champs.

Anyway, Anaru can go as low as 92 with camouflage, it's probably worth it.

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

While you are at it, buff Azaren as well.

avichaif likes this.
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Those are mainly what's good right now. They hit the sweat spot of Durability:Damage:Cost (which is an important way to model champions and I'll write something up on that at some point). It's an incident of the current strategic environment combined with the current costing methods.

6. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

There are also a lot of 50s-60s utility champs are also really handy too. Though they seem more prevalent in some factions than others.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Do you mean efficient 70 cost units, or 50-60s?

8. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

50s-60s. FS is overflowing with efficient 65+s. It may actually may be in one of the best places with these.

FS pretty much has mind shredder and the glowing slider, both of which just got nerfed and seem very dispensable when compared to options in some of the other factions.

Though there are other factions that do not feature these sorts of units at all.

9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

It was @Xirone 's suggestion but what about replacing pet with swarm (and make the lerper weaker).

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

11. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Is it intentional that maxxarek has Fire Eater and Set Ablaze on the same upgrade line, aswell as Portal and Regen 3 on the same upgrade line? swapping portal and fire eater would open up more viable builds

12. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

People are still equipping Sundered Phoenix with Forbidden Fruits. Despite the Bloodless clause. It was in 2v2 i saw it, dont know if that matters.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Anima26 likes this.
  14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Yeah absolutely not. It sucks hard enough already that he can't have regen and portal at the same time. but making him lose the option to have set ablaze and portal in favor of regen and portal is just an absoulte no-go

15. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

What about:
    P1: Portal, Annihilate, Fire Eater
    P2: Regen 3, Pawn, Set Ablaze

16. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I don't know if anyone has pointed it out yet, but the Visions of Amareth patch notes say Elven prodigy was changed to have Sentinel instead of Blindfire...this does not appear to have gone through. Will this change happen next patch?

17. Sokolov

This is because it didn't work. Due to the way Sentinel works Prodigy was actually broken (did not work at all). Thus, it'll remain Blindfire for now.

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Obvious solution is to give prodigy a basic attack ;) and then ban it for all users but me

19. Sokolov

Why didn't I think of that?!

20. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Sok what are your intended changes to vashal ranger?