Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Any chance Brutality Barb could get reworked? His upgrades are pretty much useless and in combination with Impatient he just isn't worth running.

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

impatient needs to be reworked or removed from the game, its a horrible ability that makes champs suck.(sadly impatient isnt the only ability this bad)

3. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Gaining nora from illusions wasn't really a bug . It always gave 5n for any champ it damaged, even if they only had a couple life left....the game only displays the amount of hp remaining as damage, but most(all?) abilities calculate the damage normally. That is how I remember it anyhow, lol. It was only ever a big deal in very specific metas...and that meta was FULL to the brim overflowing with free meat champ spam and KF was a mid tier faction at that point. There were much bigger problems than expensive ae spells that -might- be cheap. After the revamp it was clearly pretty high on the list of things that warranted quick attention. That isn't why TC isn't very common anymore; that change was fine. It is because they killed the timing of the nora gen. It would probably be an auto-2x today if that were not the case. Mostly because of the faerie. Currently NW has a more relevant ability, a superior damage type, and even if it didn't Grimlic's Bane is better for spot removal and competes for the slot.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I'd actually say the dmg type of TC is the reason you would run it. Practically all of KFs spells do magic dmg, its good to have some phys as well.

5. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Can boneshredder have summon:bone trap removed from base and to gain something else instead of it?
    After the nerf,bone trap is terrible.
    Give him some love.

Qucas likes this.
  6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

itd be better if they just fixed the ability and stopped messing them up.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

What's terrible about it and how would you fix it? (Not making it real again.)

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

its costed way wrong...(alot of things are currently costed way wrong...)
    you need a small council of highly skilled active pvp players(knowledgeable with all or nearly all factions) otherwise this is probably going to keep happening.

themes are currently being destroyed and costs, statistics, and abilities being assigned at random.

stuff like archer commander, elsari votary, and zeventrech should not exist in this game, these runes are basically unplayable because of the ridiculous builds/costs given to them. there are countless other examples.

these all should be easy fixes...(for people knowledgeable at the games pvp) makes no sense that they just stay as they are for months/years and when they are changed, they are often times only made marginally better and miss the mark completely for balance.

this game needs a small council of people who know what their doing and the people who dont, dont need to be on the pvp balancing council...

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

kartch is more or less fixed, why the heck did it take 6months for this to happen?... shoulda took like 5-10minutes to make those changes, he was unplayable for months...

korsien and obsidian have been talked about and worked on alot but they are both still trash tier. mysian lamia was fixed but after a couple unwarranted nerfs(coven increasing her cost and sentinel proccing preparation) shes currently mediocre at best.

and the forsaken waste faction is still waiting for the cdr faction bonus to be exchanged for something thats actually useful.

UD is currently a mess, you nerfed relocate and demon shield so that pure melee ud no longer works but at the same time ud ranged units still only receive half a faction bonus causing them to be extremely weak in comparison to other factions.

either ud needs tools to be able to function as a melee faction or its ranged units need to receive a full faction bonus and not be penalized just for being ranged(especially considering nearly all of ud's ranged units suck, even grimlic is extremely expensive and pays a ton of nora for his high base damage)

10. kagebunshn

Mw, i believe you mean well, but they probably don't have a programmer sitting around just waiting for sok to read our forum posts and just jump right on it. There is a process, probably involving a schedule. Since they are always presumeably working on future content as well(ie revenue) there is limited time to devote to addressing forum requests.

They are doing a pretty good job of addressing a number of bugs/issues as well as adjusting old runes in each patch. And the patches are coming pretty regular. The ability cost adjustments are always ongoing too. Plus we know they are working on some bigger picture changes.

All that and we are still getting a lot of community engagement from sok, and we're even getting to help design runes ourselves for the custom set. I know the last part is a bit cute cuz its a good way for them to get free labor, but its pretty smart.

11. kagebunshn

Far as knockbacks go, it would be perfectly reasonable if knockbacks did no bonus damage because of obstacles. Involuntary repositioning is already a huge advantage in itself. That has been something people have been abusing pretty much forever.

They did half measures when they reduced the damage from 10 to 5, and made many relics not trigger on knockbacks.

Also knockbacks should cost slightly more for IS than anyone else because the synergy with font bonus is off the charts.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Suggestion to give all relics Demolish. Not proud to admit it, but sometimes I mess up with my relic placements, an I need to move or use that exact spot.

Edit: Save for Long Fuse Bomb

Heart likes this.
  13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

just remove long fuse bomb from the game

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

maybe thatd be true if the players didnt do half the work balancing the game for them. They just dont listen most of the time or wait 6months to implement a couple changes. I told them exactly how to fix kartch like 5 months ago and they just recently fixed him. he is a hero and a core rune to the boghopper theme and fs in general, there is literally no excuse it was just bad judgement and not listening to the solution given to them until like 6 months later.

15. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov , I think Bone Circle needs to have it stated in description that its effect doesn't stack. This was brought to me by free20play, not sure of his forum name.

16. kagebunshn

He might be a popular rune, but heroes are not required for their respective themes. They are just things we 'want' as players. Boghoppers are part of the lore like centaurs are.

Calling people stupid isn't going to convince anyone to agree with you.

17. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Well after the nerf,everyone stoped using bone trap both as a relic and an ability.
    It might not be that horrid but compared to what it was,its crap.
    As i said,my suggestion is to remove summon:bone trap from boneshredder and replace it with something else.
    Bone trap the relic can stay shoeboxed since its just a common relic.

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Can you remove the refund for aspect of oblivion. change required charges to 30

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Where do I post something like:

Essence Capture doesn't mention whether it rounds up or down.

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

OMG this thread turned into a nonsense fest so quickly.
    But please, do keep it up.

Edit: actually, it wasn't too quickly, it's been escalating for a while, but oh boy.