Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

When looking at the Rune Manager/Checklist some abilities say they have an AP cost of 1.

Hekatian Arbiter:
    Throw Axe AP Cost: 1 When it's actually +1

2. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

If you want to suggest something you have to bring it up and provide cohesive logical arguments for it. Any change in poxnora has numerous varaibles and can influence r00nz on a pretty large scale.

Qucas and themacca like this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think this occurs because they are coded as attacks, which have a default cost of 3, and the "AP Cost" section more properly lists the AP cost modifier. Intuitively that's obvious, but maybe from a coding perspective that's why it happens.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Pretty much. It can be changed, but has to be done on a per ability basis :(

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Should Berserk Attack exist? It's flavorful, but it being 0-2 nora I could see it being removed from the game. If needed champs could gain a rank of Power Attack.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Speaking as someone who uses Berserk Attack extensively, yes, it should exist, it is extremely different from Power Attack even if they look similar.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

depends on what your talking about, and ive done plenty as far as arguments and solutions are concerned. its just a matter of the devs listening to them or not. Most of the time they dont listen or take months to finally implement the change while a whole bunch of other problems are created in the meantime by the mistakes they make.

kartch is the most recent example, woulda took 5minutes to fix him and i told them exactly how to do it. Yet they didnt do anything to him for like 6months and he was pretty much unplayable all of this time for no reason.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

In all honestly dude, you gotta stop being condescending. That Bane Shift isn't going to help you in life. They'd be more inclined to listen to you if you have evidence and provided a strong argument. Even then, Sok doesn't go "Okay im going to go change this immediately". He thinks about changes for a while, then when he's certain of it he applies it.

If you tell your boss you think you need a raise, you don't go and be all condescending, you provide specific details and examples of why.

Ssharsted and doubtofbuddha like this.
  9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

ive been done what your saying, they wont listen and continue to fail at attempting to balance the game. its whatever but they are slowly killing the game by what their doing.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

because of the destruction they've done to themes(and runes overall) and inconsistent and often times ridiculous game balancing the population is probably half of what it should/could be at the least. there is no reason for this other than them not listening because the players have done half the job of balancing the game for them. I have 4000 posts for a reason.

it doesnt matter if you get stuff right 30-40% of the time if you completely mess up the other 60%, that's a fail. its no exaggeration that at least 80% of the games themes currently are not where they should be.

and runes like goblin archer,(32 hp) stone colosus,(8 dmg) archer commander, zeventrech, obsidian venger, and elsari votary are still common occurrences in this game when none of these extremely poor champion builds/costs should even exist in this game.

all of this stuff is easily fixed by anyone who a good amount of knowledge of the games pvp but for some reason they dont listen and often listen to people who are just casual players and have no idea how the games pvp actually works.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  11. Sokolov

Unfortunately, you haven't been doing that. You mostly just post stuff like "I think X" without particular reasons or feedback. You also seem to want every theme to play in a similar fashion. In fact, you spend more time saying how we are doing it wrong than suggesting what we should be doing. I used to try and engage with you and ask you for details and explanations for your stances, but you just kept saying stuff like "I don't have time to do that, I only know what's wrong, not how to fix it" or just repeating yourself instead of actually providing information.

I don't do moderation.

Tweek516, Qucas and kalasle like this.
  12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

proper costings and a baseline/foundation for statistics assigned is not making everything the same, thats making the games pvp balanced and work properly. assigning random costs and stats to things without using logic is not good for the game.

stone colosus having 10+ dmg, zeventrech being costed properly(-10-15 or more nora), and goblin archer having 38+ hp is not making everything the same, its making these runes not suck and making their themes more playable.

there are countless examples of champs having stats/abilities/costs that just make absolutely no sense.

many non champion runes have the same issue.

13. Sokolov

We don't randomly assign costs, and logic is used. There are lots of areas to work on still and we are doing them, but the assertion that things are random is simply unfounded.

Many of your suggestions are along the lines of "theme X needs ranged champs" or "theme X needs Y" which fundamentally creates situations where every theme has access to similar types of champions and kits.

And even just now, saying Goblin Archer should be 38 HP... just makes it much more like most other champs with more HP right? The fact that it has low HP is a unique feature of the rune and it's also cheaper because of it. Not everything has to be within the same band of narrow stats and costs you find "acceptable." The game has thousands of runes, and it's better if there's variety.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

32 hp is way to low for a 70 nora champion to have, its way too easy to kill. just like 8 dmg is way to low for a champ like stone colosus to have it just doesnt work.

15. Sokolov

Well, do this. Go and put together a patch of changes, discuss with other players and get them to agree with you, and I might listen. But to be honest most of your rantings aren't very convincing to me, because it's always like this, generic, and not useful. For example, I assume you don't want the goblin archer to go up a bunch of nora and simply just get free HP, but giving him free stats would precisely be being randomly and arbitrarily adding stats just because you don't like that amount of HP.

"Buff this, buff that, everything sucks!" is all you ever really say.

Tweek516, Qucas and themacca like this.
  16. Sokolov

Anyway, back to not engaging with you until there is something of value.

Tweek516, Qucas and kalasle like this.
  17. Sokolov

That said, I am doing a pass on ranged champions soon (nerfing most of them), so who knows, maybe Gobbo Archer changes in some way (tho they were already buffed awhile back).

Ssharsted likes this.
  18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

most ranged units have at least 38+ hp and most melees at least 10dmg+. there is no reason for goblin archer or stone colosus being different, it doesnt help these runes or their themes and neither one of their themes are particularly strong.

19. Sokolov

So your solution to "making themes strong" is making everything have similar stats and randomly buffing things so they are miscosted?

20. Sokolov

Bottom line, I am not just going to randomly give Gobbo free HP. But if you can demonstrate an alternate build that you think would make it better, I would consider that.

For example, maybe we reduce the DMG or RNG, and then give it some HP.