Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Croc is decently squishy though. He does a lot of damage but he can't actually take much. For a front liner I think he needs the high damage to offset that.

2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Lol I just looked at hyaenid flamefist.

Everything with initiator is strong, it's a really cheap ability.

3. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Initiator is really good, no doubt about that.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Can Shrine Defender Get removed from Temple Guard? It's honestly a god damn useless ability and I'm sure there are less sandbaggy sandbags one could think of to put on that unit. Also Shrine defender should defintely be less than 5 nora.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i dont like the direction goblins are going in. I think they should be sorta like similar to kanen/moga, that's what I imagine when I think goblins.(but still unique and different) I dont like their racial and maybe of the ability/stat sets goblins have. Its pretty much a luck based/cheese deck atm.

i think badgerale is having a negative influence on the development of the underdepths faction. he tends to prefer unconventional trick type decks and this preference seems to be affecting the changes made in the faction.

not saying that type of playstyle shouldn't exist but I dont think entire themes should be based on luck, stealth, tricks, etc. You can make things interesting, fun, and unique without making it cheese or luck based.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

he also needs 6 speed. there are still many worthless abilities similar to shrine defender that still exist in this game. They should either be reworked or removed/replaced. Same with non champion runes that are currently unusable/worthless.

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Read my sig, @mw24 .
    It's been here for long while now.

8. themacca

Where exactly does your unjustified ego come from?

Tweek516 and fattyy2k like this.
  9. Pedeguerra

Well sir, it certainly goes way back and I cant quite put my finger on it, but you can be certain of one thing: it is not unjustified.
    Honestly, though, after you've been here long enough you start seeing things very clear, hence why I dont feel the need to explain things.
    I thought the "council" was a bad idea from the get go, and it certainly adds salt to the injury the fact that the guys in there spoil all the content beforehand to a handful of people, so those guys have complete control over the design process and I wont be convinced otherwise.
    Again, though, if you dont like my posts just skip them altogether or ignore me, but I wont be pressured to change my ways, but I think you already know that.

10. themacca

Mate i've played this game for 10 years. And i'm fairly certain the basis of a good argument isn't how clear you see things. Just thought i'd clear that up for you since your vision is a tad blurry there.

I think you overestimate the impact they have. Majority of content already in the game get's discussed in Cactuar Crate as is, to my knowledge the only real "benefit" if one would call it that, is that they see runes pre-release and can discuss amongst each other and with the devs if it would be acceptable to bring into the game. They don't design the runes themselves they just make sure they aren't overkill and i certainly don't see how stuff like that could be "the downfall of pox" and no one else except for Mark (insert lol here) seems to agree with you on that. Definitely couldn't be worst for the look of the game than people who don't actually play the game and only come on just to ***** about how the game is bad and is on the verge of dying. (Bet lots of new people really rethink buying after they see a few people talk about Bane Shift like that)

So give it a rest aye

I lold at this

11. Pedeguerra

Ok bud, if you say so. I just have no memory of you ingame or on the forums for except 2014 on, hence why I always thought you were a new guy. I will stop with that now and treat you like a vet, then.

I think its you who underestimate the impact they have. Do not forget, like most of you guys do it seems, that I've been an active member of the "council" for 3 years in a row, and we had major influence on things. It was easier back then, though, because the group in there was more homogeneous skill wise (except for Xirone) and fairly active, and I'm pretty sure nobody was a "faction representative". In fact, when I joined said group I started playing other factions (KF, FS, UD and SP) with an alt account, and it was a wonderful experience. I didnt leak content to anyone and didnt boast about being in the council. The whole thing was very low profile.
    About the "negative speech" driving away new players and whatnot, two things:
    1) I've cut down a lot on my nagging and being annoying here - a lot;
    2) I will not make a speech on how the game is in a good state and how it is growing. That would be a lie and I wont do that to people. Whenever asked, I will continue to state that I feel the game balance is bad, there is a group of player behind the scenes that shouldnt be there (I mean, skullinferno is the FS representative - WTF) and that the only thing that can save Pox is Pox 2.0. Shrugs, it is how it is. Again, though, #1.

On the spoiler, yeah, if you knew me IRL you'd know. I'm awesome man.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

@Pedeguerra I may be wrong, but I believe faction representatives stopped after Lushiris was voted for ST.

As for your comment regarding Skullferno, do you think Taylor was a better council member than Skull? If so, could you explain why? Or is it simply because Taylor is better at the game therefore he knows how to balance FS?

Regarding your "low profile" comment, I don't think anyone gloats that they're in the council.

As for this, you'd be surprise how little the council has say in terms of new runes. For the most part you can only see the rough draft of a rune. That rune will probably change by the expansion it is actually released. Is there some influence? Yes. Is it like "Yo IS should get some super OP Bane Shift." No. Sok designs, the council just gets to say "Oh hey, I think this is OP because..." or "I think this is weak because..."

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Goblins have been this way for awhile. And they are planned to stay that way. There is room for ONE theme in Pox that isn't specifically designed to be meta competitive and is a bit quirky and lore-wise I think Goblins are pretty perfect for it.

As usual, if you have specific ideas on what you want to see in the game, please suggest them. But general "I don't like X" and "this is bad" doesn't help me.

Tweek516, fattyy2k, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  14. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

I love goblins how they are, they're fun, unique, and provide some really fun games, even if you do lose.

They could be stronger, and have some more choices. But that will come with time.

Qucas likes this.
  15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

itd be better to implement 2 playstyles for goblins, one that allows conventional and another that allows unconventional playstyle through upgrade paths. There are already several quircky luck based/cheese bgs that currently exist in the game outside of goblins. Goblins would be alot more popular if they were decently strong and could be played like any other competitive theme.

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

they currently have some major design flaws tho, that are extremely problematic when considering them for competitive play.(very poor statistics on many goblins and completely hit or miss builds/ability that can either be way too strong or almost worthless)

17. Sokolov

There are plenty of themes for you to play if you want to play them. Goblins are different. Don't play them if you don't like the way they play. They don't need to be the same as everything else.

Tweek516, Qucas, Netherzen and 3 others like this.
  18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

bgs that are entirely luck based/trick decks are not different they are just bad game design.(ideally every theme should be able to be played conventionally)

You seem to confuse balanced and fair with being the same. They are 2 completely different things.

You can make things fun, unique, and interesting while keeping them balanced and fair at the same time.

19. Sokolov

Between maps, draws and opponents' deck, a good portion of the game is about luck and how you deal with the situations presented to you. If luck was removed from a game, you end up with a solved game, which is neither fun nor interesting in the long run. Some amount of randomness aids in meaningful choices.

You seem to be confused about good design and luck being opposed. They are not.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

they are in a pvp game imo. skill/strategy/tactics/etc>luck

extremely bad draws, unfair/unbalanced maps, and matchups that completely favor one player are all problems that could and should be addressed.