Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Will that mean that BB and Bile Zombie and Zombie Behemoth etc. will have 0 CD?

2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

No,they will have 3 cd in FF and 6 cd in split.

3. Alakhami

Oh, I see. That's actually a really good idea! But maybe make it 4/6?

4. Alakhami

Maybe make the Cooldown Nora Dependant? Champs that cost 65 or more nora will have CD of 6 and champs below 65 - 3. In splits it will be respectively 9 and 6.

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

FW bonus doesn't need changing. Your expensive champions benefit from the protection of the quickly returning cheap units.

6. Alakhami

that's only one theme, lol.

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I don't mean benefit as in vengeful i mean that in every sense of the words. In zombies your fleshlights (thats what they're called now deal with it), wandering, afflicted all of them are cheap and spammable and they continue to flood the board while your expensive champions such as fleshweaver and dead fairy continue to impact the field whilst being difficult to deal with because of the constant flow of meat that the zombies provide, Same goes to skeletons in a bit of a different sense that their tanks are more expensive but harder to kill but they're also able to create a ton of summons while the slightly more expensive designated tanks return which again beneift from the FW bonus. meanwhile tomb lords, and xulos are able to stay at the back and hurt the opponent big time. Spirits are not really a complete theme and are lacking a ton of rolls so not gonna talk about them, this also works in the FW meta provided you don't go full ham mode and just run nothing but champs that would be good in other factions (like executioner) and ignore how FW is actually meant to be played.

Witches don't count.

8. Netherzen

Thats exactly the issue.FW bonus is forcing the use of specific cheap champions.
    No other bonus in the game affects champions based on their cost.(it technically affects SP but the bonus works well with both cheap and expensive champions).
    Should ST bonus scale with nora cost?
    All champs with 65 nora or above get only 5hp?

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I mean... the faction has strengths and weaknesses, and if you expressly play into those weaknesses and avoid the strengths, you will have a harder time winning? Should my no-demons, all-ranged deck in UD be just as competitive as any other UD deck?

10. Netherzen

You mean like witches in FW?
    Yes,it can be fully competitve if done right.

There is a small and limited choice of strenghts and plenty of weakness.The number of cheap champions is simply too low.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Lets make more cheap champions, then, if you think that's a problem.

I meant no deck in particular.

12. Netherzen

The issue is that its like 20 cheap champions vs 1000 mid or high cost ones.
    FW needs a champion revamp or change of faction bonus.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

fully competitive at lower ranks maybe. I played them(and against them) alot, they suck compared to the top 20% of decks.

14. Alakhami

In regards to that, I don't see any good reasons for UD to limit the DMG given to it's range units. It's not like they are exceptionally strong or overpowered in any way possible for them to have such a drawback.

mw24 likes this.
  15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

people who dont play UD are going to be bias and arent going to understand this.

pretty much all the good UD players quit because the factions been getting screwed over the majority of the time for almost 2 years now.

Ud's pure melee playstyle was ruined when they nerfed the heck outa relocate/priestess and other runes.

Ud's ranged units have always been garbage(and made even worse because of only getting half a bonus), bloodbow was decent at release and then nerfed into the ground.

demon shield isnt even used anymore after its cost increase and many of UD's core melees were destroyed.(warogg, guardian, etc) Many of its anti range relic/equipment are terrible and nearly all of its relics are just bad in general.(the faction has a pretty decent spell set though)

Gonna be difficult to get this faction fixed now since these and other changes made the best UD players who knew the faction well quit. the current council doesnt know jack about competitive ud pvp.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Did you ask UD players as they were leaving the game? If so, which ones did you ask? Or to which players are you referring to when you mention "good UD players quit"

17. Alakhami

yeah, not gonna lie, relics in UD are absolutely terrible. I still run DS and Molten Cloak from time to time, but other than those equips, it's pretty shite.

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I only run a UD relic for a font contestor, lol.

Demon shield sucks because there is plenty of cheap shatter/spot removal/instant kill combinations atm.

A demon shield just means your going to get hammer strike/bane blasted, vertical pushed, drowned, essence drained, divinity touched etc etc.

orb of protection is overcosted and pretty bad outside of a fire deck(which are currently unplayable)

mindslicer obelisk last time I checked was just bad, it may be slightly better now after its cost reduction.

19. Alakhami

yeah I usually run it cause of nostalgia.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

spot removals probably shouldnt remove equipment and instant kill runes and rune combinations need to be nerfed.