Can pox die already...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chris0024, Jul 9, 2017.

1. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

I am a huge fan of this game and have been playing close to a decade but I'm at a point where I think it would be better in the long run to just let the game die.

For as long as I can remember this game has had problems with bugs and it's infamous complex code.

We all like the huge amount of interactions between the many runes but the staffing limitations lies in direct contradicton to this huge huge huge part of the game in that DOG is never able to truly able to put out a polished product.

I think it's better the game is left alone to die in the hopes that someone will come along and build upon the decayed remains of pox with better coding and sufficient employees regardless if I lose my collection.

What do y'all think?

poxrooster likes this.
  2. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

I like your sentiment but not the message.

Never say die to Pox! :)

mortal ix and chris0024 like this.
  3. chris0024

Well my hope is that since pox is so unique that someone is bound to build on it with a stronger foundation.

The way it is now it seems that bandaid fixes here and there are all they can do to keep it afloat.

I would think starting from scratch would be the best option at this point.

4. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Yeah, I get your thoughts. But I think there is an easier fix than that. We need to keep all the history, change the server again, and run the game as a lore-lead game so that all the current greatness remains intact but new meta comes around when the lore changes. This would keep it fresh for a while.

chris0024 likes this.
  5. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Its sad, im starting to agree with this kind of posts.. ;(

chris0024 likes this.
  6. chris0024

Trust me no one is more sad than me on this :(

7. chris0024

That would qualify as another band aid fix to me as I think the old code is the root of all evIL here :mad:

Excalibur95 likes this.
  8. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

The whole idea of the new client Chris was that it would be all their own work and code , none of the infamous 'old code' excuses anymore . Ironically the new code and client killed the game and not the old buggy code heh. They tried to do exactly what you hope for, rebuild from the ground up. They just got it horrifically wrong.

chris0024 likes this.
  9. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

What I don't understand is why they didn't release the new client to the PC public months before it went live on the PS4 to fix issues. I've heard there were beta testers for a while, but I've also heard all the problems the testers reported were still present on the new client upon release. Why bother to begin with then? The problem with Poxnora's devs over the years has always been that they rush everything (first steam release etc).

I too am a decade old player (still remember the sub system) and would love nothing more than this game to thrive. It's such a good game, such a shame how it's been dealt a bad hand over and over. I don't know if there's a saving grace left, everything is just taking SO long with very little information given, I hope they somehow are able to turn this disaster around before the PS4 players, and PC players for that matter, lose interest.

potatonuts and chris0024 like this.
  10. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

No idea why you think the game closing will trigger anything. If someone wanted to make a spiritual successor I doubt they're politely waiting for the funeral.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  11. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i do not believe dog has no money to set aside a dev team even if its just one guy at first, to totally redesign the code of the game from the ground up even if it takes years. its more a priority than making other games imo. making other games is fine and all but just makes me think dog wants to drop pox as soon as they can in favor of new games.

you are correct adding band aids in the form of bug fixes to things that break each patch seems ludicrous, they can never catch them all, its the old codes fault.

12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Slowly you guys realise Pede was right. Cool but sad.
    Bring on Pox 2.0, only salvation to this game.

13. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

There's already a Pox 2.0 some guy is making.

chris0024 and Kampel like this.
  14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I saw that and thought, if one guy can make that on his own then why couldn't DOG have been working on it for pox 2 rather than endlessly revamping this dead horse. Guess you need the right guy.

In any case it really shows what pox needs to be, and I am looking forward to trying it, but it would have been so much better set in pox world (or any world really) rather than a beardy miniatures simulator.

chris0024 likes this.
  15. chris0024

It either happens or it doesnt. Whether someone I'd waiting or not makes no difference to me but I would like to see a better product after so much time spent on the game.

16. chris0024

Oh man is this true?!!
    I wasn't aware...smh
    This makes me feel even worse lol

Axeraiser likes this.
  17. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

No, long live pox, burn the heretics and naysayers.

It sucks right now, but I haven't lost faith they are ironing out bugs and the new expansion is just around the corner. With some proper marketing this game could very well thrive again.

18. chris0024

Oh really? What's it called?

19. chris0024

I'll give you this...you have a knack for making anything about yourself which is both sad and impressive.

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Ugh obligatory weekly pox 2.0 post