Can Sentinel works only on champions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by limone1981, Jun 28, 2015.

1. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

AS title....I found it really stupid that works on the most generic thing in pox...unit!

and yes I'm talking about the Stitched Monolith who attacks you if you attack a relic!!

Let Sentinel have the same treatment of Vitality Creation, let it work only on champions and not relic too.

claydude5 and Markoth like this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

3. limone1981

lol...Chuck approves!

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I don't think is a consistency issue with Vit: Creation. Yes, one references units and the other references champions, but they are fundamentally different abilities in tons of ways. Do you think it triggering on relics is too strong? Could you elaborate on why you dislike it triggering on relics, other than that it makes an opposing ability better?

5. abrasax

abrasax The King of Potatoes

Sentinel to strong need a cost increase.

6. limone1981

Vitality creation was granting hp on relic deploy ( the ability used to say on deployed unit). Sentinel gives a free attack against a champion who attack a unit (relic or champion) in the range area. In a case of Mysan Lamia (unless she's close to a grim well) or the FIrk who I don't remeber the name is totally fine, but in the case of the Monolith is a bit silly: best (and only) counter to Stitiched is destroy their remains (relics so units for Sentinel ability), if a Monolith is in range (a pretty huge one) the disadvantage is consistant : you get attacked for destroying a relic ( a stitched remains in this case) making more harder to stay alive and on the same pace of the Stitched.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yes, I'm well aware, but the abilities are totally different -- one protects and punishes opposing attacks on a tactical level, and the other keys off of deployments. Opposite side of the ability spectrum.

In this case, I recommend you kill the Monolith first, or using AoE attacks to clean up remains. If Monolith is really a problem in Stitched, I think that's a case to change Monolith's position within the theme, not to change Sentinel.

Goyo and TheBulwark like this.
  8. limone1981

for the record I didn't lost to Stitched...It was literally annoying all the time ( my opponent was able to reconstruct just once and was a relic with the spell)
    One MOnolith is doable...when are 2 on the board close to each other it's really really hard

I use Sp my AoE are tons of Champions who cover an AOE 3 lol

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Chuck Norris, the original Sentinel, doesn't need to hit you when you attack his stuff, because you do not attack his stuff.

limone1981 likes this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Monolith is absolutely broken.

Strenght of body and lumbering and all.

limone1981 likes this.