Can we bring back Circus?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by free20play, May 19, 2014.

1. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

only for custom game's in battlegrounds?
    no reason we can't have fun deck building again.

GameJack likes this.
  2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Bad idea imo. Ressources are better spend elsewhere and it is new player unintuitive

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I thought Circus was possible. I know you can play circus in single player.

4. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

What is circus?

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Circus came in two flavors. One was full circus where you used 20 runes from any faction and didn't get a bonus. Then there was 10/x circus, where you used enough runes from one faction to get a bonus. KF was the most common because it boosted speed by 1 in half faction. This was before battle group size went to 30.

Joker likes this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

7. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

The problem is that every deck becomes a "best of" deck. Pretty much every OP champ rolled into a ball is worth giving up a bonus. Back when there weren't many runes, it was fine, but now it's a bit much.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I have a st/x circus deck using almost all of the Nora gems and the crystalline champions. Probably wouldn't be competitive, but it it's fun to use in single player.

9. GameJack

GameJack The King of Potatoes

I have an all factions deck with all my favourite champions from each faction. Mainly for fun.

For new players, it is actually the first kind of custom deck we can form from buying just 3 packs.
    Good to setup a place where non FF or split decks can still PvP.

Should still keep Training ground to the rotating pool of constructed decks though.

Feel that Circus deck / Anything goes can be apply for unranked custom matches.

Btw we still get shrine bonus n avatar even if a faction doesn't make up half the deck. The faction with highest number of runes will get its half bonus n avatar.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  10. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

11. Hekatian

Hekatian The King of Potatoes

Oh boy, more super champ decks. What fun.

12. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

To be fair, there were also those rare (iPox) decks where actually pretty cool stuff happened in circus. Sometimes those "cool" things would later be relabeled "exploits," but still, you got to see something new.

13. Farfallo

Farfallo New Member

Silly. Make it a Holiday special for the kids.