Can we get an ETA of when this game will be playable again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, May 22, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's effort having to check every so often hoping this revamp will come since we're refusing to do anything about the state the game is in before that.

2. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

The latest update post said they were entering "stage 4" out of 4, which is the testing phase. I would guess within a month. That seems long enough to test for bugs.... right?

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

after already waiting for months, I guess

4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

don't you mean years?

Etherielin, Joker and kat7ra like this.
  5. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I would hope that given that they have our accounts now that they would be able to send out an email when the revamp will come out. I mean, worse to worse you could wait for that. Once the revamp hits, we may have a downtime of a few days as with the last revamp.

6. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Remember that the game will still likely to be unbalanced for the first couple of patches after the revamp, and that it might take some time to build up player base once again. I hope there's gonna be some advertising going on, it would be a shame to still have a 200 player playerbase even after stuff gets changed and/or fixed.

Etherielin and DarkJello like this.
  7. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Just a word of caution, the reason why we haven't given a when is because there could very well be unexpected delays. We don't want players to get excited for a specific date just to have nothing happen.

We want to work on more bugs and such but right now we can only do one thing at a time which makes decisions binary of Revamp, Bugs, Expansion, and other features. The revamp has a lot of behind the scenes improvements tied to it, which will help us immensely going forward.

There are a lot of things in play with advertising. We definitely want to push promoting Pox especially when it is in a more presentable state. Advertising is one of those things where there are multiple factors that have influence over the decisions made.

Taylor, Etherielin, Tarathil and 5 others like this.
  8. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

9. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

They did say that "the bulk of the work is already done," so maybe it'll only be a couple weeks.

10. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

For me, that goes without saying. I understand: you say June X, a new bug is discovered which pushes it to July X - nothing you could really do but you get the blame. I wish people wouldn't be so harsh on things like this so other people could be given the "hopefully" dates.

Tarathil and DarkJello like this.
  11. Senshu

Yeah, only if ;), but thanks for understanding :D

Ah! a car is coming straight at me :eek:
    Oh what's that above :rolleyes:
    It's Superman! :D
    And he's not going to save me :oops:
    Which makes me angry :mad:
    And that is enough playing with emoticons :)

Lauremoon, Etherielin and Tarathil like this.
  12. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

herpderp?:confused:

13. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

It's like you guys have a brain. Great post, makes sense. I'm so not used to this from SOE.

Etherielin, Tarathil and DarkJello like this.
  14. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I hope you won't start advertising before the game is in the "presentable state", cause that might backfire terribly.

15. Senshu

Don't worry we are playing it safe and smart. This is a marathon not a sprint :)

BansheeX likes this.
  16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Dear Burn,

I really love your overdramatic tantrum threads.

Love,

Bakki

17. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

what happens at the finish line?

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Playable awesome game with lots of players , duh.

DarkJello likes this.
  19. Senshu

1. Collect Underpants
    2. <Shrug>
    3. Profit!

Well it is close enough ;)

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I love all my fans

Dagda likes this.