Can we please remove all insta kill spells from the game far to many.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Firk, May 10, 2014.

1. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

With the revamp it looks like many champs will cost over 100 nora and from what i understand Titans and maybe Dragons will have an even higher cost.

Sadly things like this will be destroyed by simple spells like

Fading recollection- making many champs useless

drown and forbidden fruit. "fear me because i deployed my 130 nora titan look how awsome it is" other player goes like "meh" Forbidden fruit and game over...

these things need to be radically changed and i am not just talking about a cost increase.

same goes with BLINK spell...

I love to play some juice 100 nora+ units, but its never gonna happen while these spells are still in the game.

ok guys your take on this go.

My idea is to make all units over 100 nora immune to insta death spells and there like. Atleast all units over 110 nora

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I don't support buffs to Zeventrech in any shape or form.

3. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

I dont think you can call it buffs, but from the Q&A logg with Gedden, Titans atleast would be worthy of there names and have really high nora cost but good stats. For a really long time i wanted this game to have more super units with a really high nora costs. the only problem to this is Grimlics mirror and insta kills. I think this could bring a new fun factor if done right. :)

4. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Pretty sure there will still be tons of cheap champs that are better than the 110 nora champs just because they cost a certain amount of nora does not mean we should make them immune to those spells.

5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

non instant kill from any source or mechanism, please. not related to high cost units only.

6. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Lol. Get out.

Most of these instakills cost more than 100 nora as well, and are much more situational than deploying your expensive champion (as in, they require setup).

7. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Spot removal is a necessary counter to super champions.
    As long as there exist ways to stack buffs on a champion until it becomes virually unkillable by regular means, spot removal will need to stay.

(Now about Drown I don't think it should work with the water from Tidal Wave but that's anther question)

DarkJello and Schmacko like this.
  8. TheNidhogg

Maybe the issue is Tide Master not paying enough for it? If you don't get the globe, Drown isn't that great. Not sure how you would code it anyway.

9. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Ohh i remember the days when the only weapon you had to kill a super champ was beating the crap out of it.. good times..

There should be a condition called "Overdozed" that caps the ammount of buff effects from spells on a champ at the same time..

10. Kampel

Now that abilities can be count with nora, champ's buff cap should be 50% of their nora cost, meaning a 100 nora champ cant gain more than 50 nora worth in abilities and stats.

Yes i know this idea is too vague, and to implement this there should be a list of abilities and their cost at all times and it would make the game too complex.. but it gives something to think about

11. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

These runes specifically counter high-cost champs with high stats. That's the design purpose that they fulfill. During the time when these champs may be about to become viable again you're asking to remove their main counter. Just... uh... how does balance fit into this again?

DarkJello likes this.
  12. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Err... what days were these? Both Drown and Forbidden Fruit were part of the Release Set.

13. Kampel

Then if most champs will have their cost increased then this counters should get higher cost too..

14. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

My issue is not with instakills but with things like slam + fumes or trap and lightning rod + stand a bunch of champs and/or illusions nearby and using some electric damage.

It's stupid crap like that makes me hate playing this game, to say nothing of the people who use it.

Baskitkase likes this.
  15. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Instakills were the demise of superchamps. A good trade, if you ask me, because superchamps are about half as fun as getting your eye ripped out of its socket with a pair of pincers.

16. Apostate

Apostate I need me some PIE!

@MovnTarget

It wasn't too long ago that SP was one of the only factions that really had knockback. I also remember illusions not being a really big deal until Illusion of Lies became a real thing. I strongly disagree with any design philosophy that believes FS needs that many ways to make poison clouds and that many more ways to knock people through them.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  17. TheNidhogg

Uh... isn't that what he was saying?

18. Apostate

@TheNidhogg
    Pretty much, it just seemed like a good time for a history lesson.

19. TheNidhogg

So why did you say you disagreed?

20. Apostate

I meant to imply that I disagree with the idea that FS needs more of those mechanisms in the faction, I completely agree with Movn.

Thanks for pointing out my confusing wording, it's late and my communication abilities are suffering. I've altered the post.