Can we really do something about ragequitters?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by borice45, Apr 25, 2014.

1. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

Can we at least lower the timer or do something to prevent rage quitters? it is a game killer. Chip420 left the game after a poor rush attempt on my shrine and after 37 turns asked for a fq when i deserved to win but when i didn't I get a rage quit. 3 Min is a long time, lower it as it not only aggravates old players, it discourages new ones. Add a penalty or something for not returning like a ban for a day.

Attached Files:

2. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Watch a video. Bookmark a folder with fanfare music 3 minutes long, queue one up each match.
    It's really not that big a deal, and your proposal would serve to hinder legitimate connection issues which the timer is intended to fix. Dealing with an occasional ragequitter doesn't merit detriment to an otherwise sound system.

Apostate, Kampel and Nemorga like this.
  3. borice45

Still the point is that its just a trolling move. I acknowledge that people actually have legitimate issues but many choose to abuse it.

4. Legato

You reap the delight of victory AND get to drive someone to utter annihilation, bittersweet disappointment, that all they could do was close the game; ending the shameful sorrow of their pitiful play.

Savor the ragequit.

In fact, it's a rite of passage. When you start getting these regularly it's naught but an indication you're doing something right.

SPiEkY and RedScarlet like this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah I hate free wins

SPiEkY, Apostate and IceHippo like this.
  6. Vallassa

Vallassa The King of Potatoes

Well, if you spoke like that to him, I don`t blame him for making you wait. Try to use kind words to express your opinion instead of raging. I`m sure when you reach the age of 15 you will learn not to act like a scrub lord.

7. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

What I hate more are people who have a 2 turn plan and quit when they find that they suxxors... all that waiting for a game for a fool to ruin it!

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I could be going out on a limb here but maybe he had to go?

9. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

And? Be more patient. I just browse the forums. If you did it right your enemy will surrender, not ragequit, btw. Ragequit means that you were aggravating or your enemy is an idiot.

10. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

K then, It's a good thing you've never played against FW attrition.

Zenity and Vote Kanye 2020 like this.
  11. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

This sentence says two different things... arghhhhh!!!!

12. Boozha

As long as they are not contradicting?

13. borice45

If he had to go, at least surrender.

I know I could have been nicer but come on, asking for a friendly quit when I clearly deserved the win... -_-

14. Boozha

Just hit no, ask why, and if he has a good reason, consider if you feel nice.

I probably wouldn't, damn liars are everywhere

15. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

It looks more like you raged lol...

16. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

The point is that people will just x out of the program rather than actually surrendering. It's annoying behavior, and I don't think it's always intentional. I agree something should be done about it, but really, just relax, alt tab out of the window, and do something else for 3 minutes.

17. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

Or maybe devs could make game less frustrating to play? No? M'kay. Just ip ban everyone who rage quits, that will teach them.

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

As someone that works in IT, IP bans are worthless. They only work against someone that is paying for a static IP, which is not most of the residential customers, at least not in the US.

19. Legato

heh, I did too DMr.

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Try playing Kernok. Every time you beat him he does this.