Can we talk about campaigns?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew Carling, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Andrew Carling

Andrew Carling I need me some PIE!

I don't know if I'm just bad (which is a real possibility here) but it seems to me like the last year or so all of the new campaigns are comically difficult. I love the old ones where you have to tinker together a deck and put an hour into pulling off a win on legendary, but the new ones seem like the only way to win is to come up with some super cheese strat and then get super lucky with your draws. The game is so small that pvp is severely unbalanced skill wise even if you can get a match, I really love the campaigns though. Examples here are the Hand of Death campaign, specifically the third game. Abating Nora seems possible if I get lucky with a super cheese deck. The last match in Wrath of the Exile used to be possible if you got lucky, but now with fortify gone from shrines there isn't really a way to keep them from wrecking yo u the first turn. I just want to know if I really am just that bad or if anyone else feels this way. Maybe its my fault for playing on legendary, but a lot of them its very similar regardless of difficulty level - it is more about the bones of the level than anything.

bambino, DiCEM0nEY and Morfeas like this.
  2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

It does seem like the more recent campaigns are faster-paced, forcing you to act before you even get a chance to get going.

I seem to recall, though, some people asking for more difficult campaigns at some point, though, so it may be a result of that, in some sense.

Either way, I prefer the older ones.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

The newer campaigns are more like puzzles tbh.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  4. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

True Love best campaign

5. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I fully support this thread.

6. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

In a sense, it's kind of cool that way. Only thing is newer players don't always have access to enough runes, especially since some factions are better than others at certain campaigns.

Not even sure how I'd win the hand of death campaign in the level where you rescue serkan - I believe I equipped a disease immune helmet on him, but now that has been changed xD.

Skeletons are pretty broken in most campaign levels though.

7. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Just wished the campaigns were more.. Interesting.. And that the AI's would actually use there abilities.. I suppose that would make it harder though, but still though the last campaign I actually enjoyed was seeing Magnus go cray cray and having godly Zeven going head to head with Sandria.

8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

The hand of death was fairly interesting, the blood owl one was meh. I would revisit the campaigns if they gave more limited runes. I'll probably end up doing hand of death for the spell again.

9. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I too support this thread.