Can we walk about Catharsis Bloom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Truce, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

By that logic, nothing should ever be balanced because there's always a way to win (aside from draw-rush type things). Just because something can lose doesn't mean it's balanced, there are generally a whole lot of factors that go into a game's result. The question isn't "can it be beaten ever", the question is "does dealing with it require too much time, energy, and expenditure of resources for the cost/opportunity cost of using it"

approximately.

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I said it better, daggy.

drathys likes this.
  3. Staxover

Staxover Member

Of course it takes time to deal with it. That is what makes a part of winning theme either using it or going against it. The problem here is that people do beat already and are dealing with it winning fashion. If you want to battle less with it, then wait for the next release that may have a rune that helps your theme deal with it better. Of course you can not have balance. Balance does not win battles. Imbalance, intuition, and strategy do with what we are dealt. I can not beat dread decks. Does this mean I should harp on changing it because it is hard to beat using KF. NO! I deal with and keep finding way to win with what I have, or i ask for a rune that would help deal with it in the next release.

4. Staxover

Staxover Member

How does shifting the the heal output by 2 or nora cost by 10 create balance all of a sudden? You claim balance, but you do not explain balance?

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I will make a new rune called Staxover Destroyer. 20 Nora, and has a 99% chance of winning the game outright if the opponent is Staxover. To beat me, you will just have to counterspell it every time I have it up, or kill me before I draw it, or pray I roll a 1 every time.

It's balanced because you can still win.

6. Staxover

Staxover Member

The beauty of that statement is that you are no longer involved in that roll, are you?

7. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Giggity

8. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

The argument here is that Catharsis gives way too much for what it costs. It is a 25 cost aoe2 8 hp heal that reapplies itself every turn until it's dealt with. Keep in mind, too, that cooldown is nora cost/5. This means that even when Catharsis Bloom is destroyed, it'll only be five turns before it's back, and if you have two of them in your deck, you're practically guaranteed to have one out at any given time, no matter what your opponent does and how far out of their way they go. On top of *all* of this, it propagates itself, so if your opponent doesn't manage to kill it fast enough, the problem becomes even bigger. All of this is at a cost that's 10 less than Petrichor, and can bypass spell defenses like Book Burn and Confusion.

9. Staxover

Staxover Member

And yet, you have found ways to beat it right?

10. Staxover

Staxover Member

I don't even use blooms.

11. StupidJerk

If a champion has an ability that gives it 9000 damage, it doesn't become balanced just because you can cast Metamorphosis or Fading Recollections on it.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

30 Nora. 6 heal. No shadowspawn. Remove healing deficiency from Occuli Slag.

dsjtheman and StupidJerk like this.
  13. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Iirc slag got healing deficiency before the bloom was released. it was because everyone was packing divine favor and aspect of life to get them topped off.

So nerfing a well over the top rune should not result in a buff to a second rune that was nerfed independent of the 1st rune

14. StupidJerk

Occuli lost the only reason he needed healing deficiency, nora miner.

Pathfnder and DarkJello like this.
  15. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Its intended role seems indeed to have been the healing, moreso than the stealth aspect. So a cost increase and the loss of Shadowspawn should be good, maybe an adjustment to how much it heals too, but I like the idea of Propagate on it (again, without stealth).

I do love the idea of a stealth relic for contesting though, as OP as this is for Bloom. Might give Dreambox a try now (I think Dreambox is fine? not sure).

16. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Need to lose shadowspwan.

17. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Sok has more influence than you think. Why, just the other day, he sent me a text from his "secret" base in the Netherlands about how worried I look, and whether I wanted to talk about it.

I live in Canada. SEE WHY I'M WORRIED SOK?????

DarkJello likes this.
  18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Ftfy

drathys likes this.
  19. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

thats awesome!!!

20. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

What if we kept all she has as it is except for nora cost? Increase the nora cost. I guess we could also adding a clause like: "Every consecutive healing from catharsis blooms during the same turn will be reduced by 50%." Would that make it easier to deal with?

I don't even have them, just throwing ideas around.