Cannot equip champ outside spell presence.

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by darklord48, Mar 14, 2014.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I had a Kanen Slipped that was away from the rest of my units. I tried to equip it with a sacrifical dagger and could not. Later, when I moved another champ closer, I could equip it.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Has anyone else been able to recreate this issue?

3. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I will try to test it later today if I have the opportunity.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Thank you KTCAOP.

5. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

ive had this issue happen with me while trying to equip a keeneye crown onto hraken. it seems spell presence is used to determine equip possiblities for both friend and foe.

6. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I've had this problem as well but I figured it was WAI.

7. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

For all intents and purposes, I do feel as though it would be given that is how Spell Presence generally works, in that in a sense, you are casting a "spell" to "equip" a unit. However, I wonder if it could be changed to the unit having a spell presence of only itself, but at least it seems that this is confirmed, though this may not be a bug.

(Sorry for the wordiness there).

8. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

i do agree that a discussion should be had about faithless. should the ability be no spell prescence at all or should it be a spell presence of self only, especially in regards to using equipment.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I see what you're saying, when you play the rune you are casting a spell that makes the equipment appear on the champ, it isn't as if the champ is pulling it out of the ground and putting it on. I just wasn't sure if this is working as intended, or was a bug. I'm fine with it either way, as long as it becomes common knowledge.

10. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Faithless has allways prevented equipping on the champ if the champion was outside spellprecense. In the old forum he devs said it was WAI.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Thank you, I've never encountered it before, but that answers my question.