Can't get into the game

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by salflip2, Mar 19, 2014.

1. salflip2

salflip2 New Member

Hey guys for two days (since the update yesterday and still today) I haven't been able to get to the game through launcher. A message pops up when I start launcher saying...Connection lost or unavailable. Please check your connection and try again. When the connection is repaired, the Pox Nora launcher will attempt to resume where it left off.

I've restarted and updated my computer, I've tried uninstalling and installing the entire game all over again. Is anyone else having this problem and if so is there a fix?

Thanks all,
    Idog911

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'd check the bug/support forum, they watch that more closely for issues than general discussion. I haven't tried playing a game today, so I can't help you there.

3. kazekage

kazekage The King of Potatoes

im having the exact same issue....and ive done all that

4. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

The only thing that comes to mind is that we changed a few entries in the patch. If you're connecting from remote location outside of the US it may take a few hours to propagate. That being said it should be totally done by now. If you could post or email me your logs I may be able to address this faster.

5. Khipu4

Khipu4 New Member

6. kazekage

i just started a convo wtih senshu doing exactly was said as far as instructions go to help you guys fix this issue. I live in Canada also..not that remote. been having this issue since the patch also.

7. Redashes

Redashes The King of Potatoes

OK for now my problem is fixed. Here is what i did. Go to start menu and in the search area type MSCONFIG this will pull up a window and go to the TAB services scroll down and look for WINDOWS FIREWALL UNCHECK IT there!!! then CLICK APPLY and OK. CLOSE IT OUT, START POX-NORA
    the game should work now. I did turn off windows fire wall before but it did not recognize it the other way so you have to shut it off the way i just told you or it will not work.

8. kazekage

that worked,thank you.

9. Redashes

Redashes The King of Potatoes

your welcome just click on like my post if you can ty.

10. Zardoz

Zardoz New Member

If you disable Windows Firewall, I sure hope you have another bonafide firewall protecting your computer. Firewalls, in addition to anti-virus, anti-malware/spyware are completely necessary for not having your computer ruined by all sorts of daily internet threats. Most games preserve functionality through a running firewall, does Pox Nora not have this basic functionality? Devs?

I would not agree to turn off my firewall for a game, but would want to play with firewall enabled and game program ONLY given an exception as a firewall rule.