Can't play on Steam

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Authyrtyr, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Steam tells me that PoxNora isn't available for my Mac although I know PoxNora to be a cross platform game. Please fix?

2. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

There were some JRE compatibility issues with getting pox running on mac in steam. There were some minor GL issues and steam compatibility issues with java. Same is true for Linux actually.

Historically, pox has always supported mac. That said, we always have to balance between creating content, doing balance patches and adding features / bug fixes. Since mac players make up such a small percentage of pox players its hard to justify the time. That being said, several of us use macs as primary development computers so this going to be a matter of time.

3. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

I use Windows 7 and my Pox won't launch from steam. I re-downloaded it just in case but it keeps saying can not create java virtual machine fatal exception error. Do I have to uninstall the old pox launcher I have or is this a whole different problem all together?

4. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Ok, thought that maybe it was forgetting to tell steam that Pox works on Mac. Will the promotion for the special skins be available for a while so that I can get it once it works on Mac/I get to a Windows machine? Also, if you have any sense you won't develop on Windows. It only took me about 2 days on Windows before I couldn't even conceive of developing on there anymore.

5. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

Launches fine now

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

it doesn't work for me it says its not available in your platform..