Champion Leveling Rate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goyo, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

1min match =
    10exp for one champ (cast ability)
    4exp for abitger champ (another ability) or 5exp if attack
    2exp for every other deployed champ

+20min match = 1min match

Aside the obvious reasons to let people farm gold and level champions at the same time, think about the dissapointment a new player will have to realize leveling champions is that hard to deal with... He or she might not enter the forums and realize you can surrender after casting an ability to faster this up, and would get frustrated under the feeling if you don't pay for tokens, they cannot farm gold for getting runes to build their first deck.

So everybody understand you cannot let us get everything fast and easy for free, but make it at least possible to grind.

Farming gold is pretty legit, doing the fast way or the normal way, is not much of a difference. But leveling champions is stucked in surrendering chain.

GabrielQ and Morfeas like this.
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I approve. I also think that gold from ranked matches should be a lot higher and that it should encourage losing pvp over playing pve.

3. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

CP gain rate is terribly low. I know the Owls make money from selling tokens, but I don't think they make a lot of money, tbh... And I'm sure this issue causes a lot of hate and player base loss, causing even less income for them :(

How about a flat rate CP gain? Something like 1/3 or 1/2 level (stars) per match for every champ? I think 4-6 games is enough to get to know how the champ works.

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I'll be honest, if cp stacked among every champion, so deploy (2) + cast (4) + attack (3) + bonuses = 9 minimum over a long match, I'm ok.

Edit: Bonuses could be
    - Spent more AP
    - Took more damage.
    - Did more damage.
    - Killed the most champions.
    - Healed the most.
    - Killblow the shrine.

5. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

I'd guess that any new player would be using the free premade decks to play their first "few" games. They are fully leveled and can clear the dailies without any issues. I think a much more plausible quitting reason for any new "free player" isn't the fact that leveling champions is a tad tedious but rather the realization that it takes a lot of grinding to be able to afford anything without using real money.

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Going ranked with those decks is a suicide...

I understand your point, but first things first.

7. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

CP is way too slow.... and tokens are relatively cheap. For a better f2p model it would probably be better to make the CP accural rate at least twice as much as it is now. Otherwise getting the tokens is much more efficient (and it gets them more money too...... makes sense I guess)

8. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I think it should look how much CP your BG would have earned in the match and simply give you tokens (rounded down) equal to that amount.

At least then you control where the cp goes. Such a waste when a level 3 unit gains 40cp ^^

Goyo and yobanchi like this.
  9. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

The CP system needs to go bye-bye. It's just grind and a money-grab. The purchase cost for tokens right now, especially now more than ever, is abysmal.

Just remove levels altogether. Summons can either just have default upgrade choices, or no upgrade at all. Otherwise, you draw a card in a pack, and you can go right into the manager and select both upgrades. You just did two things: you prevented new/poor players from getting grind-weary, and you encourage players to experiment more with new themes and factions, which promotes retention and addiction. Everybody wins.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I don't have a problem with the CP system, there has to be something in the game that gives players the time or money decision. I haven't played enough since the revamp to tell if it is as painful as before. The fine line for that decision is to make it uncomfortable enough that some consider paying for it without making it downright painful, which is when players chose to leave the game instead of grinding if they don't want to spend money.

11. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Well, I'm either for it rewarding tokens, or at the very least, ignoring fully CP'd champions when it comes to actually handing out gains.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That would go a long way to eliminating the pain from before the revamp, if it is still just as painful.

13. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Personally, I don't agree. The game is a CCG first and a strategy game second. It generates income from pack and box sales. It could also start getting cash from exclusive skins and other aesthetic items in a way similar to LoL or DOTA2. In any case, forcing players to grind only works (in my opinion) if you 1) make the reward really juicy (e.g. in an MMORPG, where you are leveling an important character or a few characters), or 2) if you offer a cost-efficient methods of bypassing the grind (and the current exchange rate for gold/cash-->CP is ridiculous).

Or, we could compromise and say that when a player uses real-world cash to buy runes, they all come pre-leveled. I could support that, as well.

I just can't support charging players for packs and boxes, and then charging them again to "unlock their potential." It's too much charging.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I've made the same suggestion about cash packs being fully leveled.

Goyo likes this.