Champions with ranged (no 1 range attack) attacks only have no penalty to attack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StormChasee, Jun 20, 2015.

1. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

I realize this is a fantasy environment and mom used to say ,"Anything can happen in a story." Still what is the logic for a champion with a ranged attack only not having some penalty to attack while engaged even if allowed to? I would think it's very difficult to concentrate on a distant target when someone or something is adjacent to you trying to take your head (or whatever) off.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

The reason is balance. Logic is ever so secondary in a strategy game.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Pox has a ton of basic mechanics as is.

4. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

Sounds like a nice debuff for nora redcution. This unit can't attack while engaged or something of another.

Markoth likes this.
  5. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

If this were to exist (I'd rather it not, it's not really needed for gameplay, as much as I love flavor and realism I have to draw a line sometimes), I think it would look best like this:

Ranged Attack: [blah blah, basic, blah blah, attack, blah blah, damage]. This ability costs 1 additional ap if it is adjacent to an enemy.

And then make an ability for a few specific champs that allows them to ignore the ap penalty.

6. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

I didn't mean on every champion. Just some. Comparable to champs that have defenseless.

7. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

The real question is why can Rocks get herpes.

drathys likes this.
  8. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Add this on Draksar since we lack good range options more or less compaed to other factions.

9. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

That sounds like a good idea dmr, or you could maybe reverse it to make it a negative modifier?

Something like Restricted, -5 nora. This champion cannot activate basic attack abilities while engaged?

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Doubt id pay 15-20 for that. Especially not on a champ.

Sealer0 likes this.
  11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Thats why Im saying it would be better on a relic/equip. Huge costtags on champs that impact over time are pretty harsh.

poinl likes this.
  12. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

this complaint is kinda like saying "why do the enemy champs stand still while I'm taking my turn?" There is no logical reason in-story. It's just a facet of the gameplay.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Wow....

That might actually work...