Change domination please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Jul 2, 2014.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Just played a game where I lost 5 champions throughout the course of the game that is 350 nora you can't win or come back from such a thing every time I made a push another cliff dive came. Easy fix for this is only allow 1 domination per bg it's getting outta hand and has been talked about for years but has yet to be dealt with.

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Put your champions next to each other

3. super71

You see haha that was my original plan because i was playing against fw that's how he got the first two in one turn......

4. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

What faction do you run?

5. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Eh just an unfun rune. Yes you can counter it most of the time, but its really punishing on newer players. I could put ten dollars on it driving a new player away from the game on his first 20 matches.

Pathfnder and Goyo like this.
  6. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Since it's now clear that map RNG can be weighted to favour certain maps over others, why not just make SP and both K'thir Hill maps low frequency? If maps that promote domi-chasm become rarer, there's less incentive to run it.

7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

8. super71

Today i was running sl beasts it was my first loss in my last 21 games and i just really felt slighted as i played well but i just kept getting domi-cliffed. Domi cliff just isn't good for the game at all.

9. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Domination needs something like Self Preservation

Self Preservation
    This unit cannot enter chasm spaces and has Bloodless and Perseverance.

Basically just making sure you can't cliff them or sacrifice them. Perseverance means you can hurt them all you want, but you can't actually kill them that turn. Would certainly make domination get used for actual possession more often.

EnigmaXIII and Grillado like this.
  10. trackergn

trackergn New Member

SL has two of the best counter spells, spells. I used to play SL and I always had in my bg 1 or 2 Cancel Magic spells, never fail ;) also for this kind of single target spells you can add Scapegoat and you will see your opponent ranting about it :)

11. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

How did you let it happen five times in one game? at 50 nora the spell has a 10 turn cooldown.... that means the game had to be over thirty turns and you had to be in position for that to happen every time. At that point, in a game that long, FW faction bonus is going to be very prudent and you will probably lose anyway.... and after the first time it happened you should have been prepared for when it came off of cooldown and positioned accordingly. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me five times, I should uninstall

12. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I won't say he played spectacular, but hey! cliff diving is a Bane Shift mechanism today and tomorrow.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  13. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

He should have said "possession" not "domination" if that were in fact the case

14. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Re-read it, you are right. Anyway, if there is 2 or 5 domicliffs, I'm against all of them.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

No amount of advice can justify domination in it's current concept.

Goyo likes this.
  16. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

But man, all you need to to is stay 7 tiles away from a chasm at all times, never use sacrifice units and bunch all your champions up in what I like to call "bomb formation".

If the FW player is actually running the spell at all, this'll show him what-for.

BurnPyro likes this.
  17. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

People run domi strictly for cliff diving. If it was changed, it would need another use. With that being said i totally agree, domi sucks, im pretty possession (through the possess skill) doesnt let you cliff dive anymore so i dont see why domi does. It would need a nora cost decrease, or a new feature to be worthwhile however or else it would be crap in comparison to honest mistake or enslave.

18. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

Rune Idea: Suicide Watch

Flavor Text: "Don't do it! You have so much to live for!"

Artwork: A poxnora chasm.

Effect: The next time a unit would die from entering impassible terrain, it is relocated to the nearest space with passible terrain and death is prevented.

Tell me I'm smart, guys.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

ftfy

20. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

thanks