changes needed to make shrine rush and mid font rush viable again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polltroy, Nov 20, 2017.

1. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Game was like that in the past. Games were about choosing fonts. About damaging shrine. About staying back or charging quickly. About waiting for powerturn or slowly nagging. and about sometimes changing strategy into shrine rush. But it seems all that has changed over the last year or so... before every game was different. Now it seems every game is the same kind of.

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think it's still viable - though people often have different ideas about what that word means: I mean that a good player can use it to win a high proportion of their games. Not as much as with a good meta deck, but not massively less.

I also think there is enough play and counter play in most games to make it so that the opponent doesn't feel like a spectator.

The only issue is that it isn't always like that, given certain draws, maps and/or matchups, it can feel very lopsided to one player or another.

Getting good draws on the FW map against a player without much anti stealth is usually going to be an easy game. Verses someone with global damage on the big map with water, I'll lose to any decent opponent.