Charges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poxbrothers, Mar 9, 2015.

?

Do you believe charges need changing?

1. No, I think it is fine the way it is.

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. Yes, but only for certain abilities/runes.

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  3. Yes, charges should be reworked entirely but I don't want them gone from the game.

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  4. Yes, charges should be removed from the game.

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  5. Other (please elaborate).

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

I am kind of curious how people actually feel about charges.

2. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Do you mean stuff like deploy charge, or the charges you charge at poxbox? Very different answers depending on which....

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think the current charge system should be dilated: currently, 1 charge is too much value relative too those abilities which use charges. Charges need to be broken into smaller increments.

4. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Charges should be removed from the game. It's an incredibly obnoxious mechanic that breaks 99% of the champs that use them.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    polltroy and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

I mean stuff like deploy charged, charged attacks, charged abilities etc.

6. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I actually think that charges are a very cool mechanic in this game, but do need to be changed. Each charge should hold less value, but a champ should be able to do more than 1 thing with them/get them in more than one way. Also I think that being able to give and take away charges could lead to some new additions for support champs.

Joker likes this.
  7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This used to be possible -- the abilities are even still in Poxbase. It broke a heck of a lot of stuff.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Well, if each charge held less value, it would be less effective.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I can't decide between option 2 and 3.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You guys really don't know how to make a poll.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Not even one option for "It's tar."?

0/10 poll

Rapidice likes this.
  12. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

I personally like the charge mechanic, however I do think sometimes its either too easy or too hard to get charges, and the combination of a strong ability with easy to get charges breaks it. As an example of one that seems about right, vengeant knight, 2 attacks needed to get the heal, so he has to be engaged up in the front, putting his a%% on the line to get a 10hp heal which while good, is not as game winning as a nora swing or virtual immortality.

Also gains that don't require the champ or player to actually do anything (deploy, to a lesser extent death) should require a large number of charges to get to it's use threshold, or only be associated with less powerful but (thematically) useful abilities.

Edit: Ive just notice my avatar caption has changed.
    All hail Sanguinem noctuae, our benevolent lord and master

mortal ix likes this.
  13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I enjoy the charge mechanic, but it is too difficult to balance in the current state. If you tripled the number of charges each ability takes to activate, then added more levels of the charge abilities, it would work better.

For example, Death Charged gives 1/2/3 for 3/6/9 nora. Instead it could be Death Charged 1-9 for 1-9 nora. That would be the same nora cost as we have now, but would be more granular. Then abilities that may be too powerful/weak with their current charge cost, but would be too powerful if increased/decreased by 1 charge, could be changed with more granularity.

14. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

elementalist wrecking the meta with deploy charge 1.