Cheap source of Water Front ?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Krokodil, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Krokodil

Krokodil The King of Potatoes

Actually there seem to be only three sources of water front.
    Wavecrusher: well only short term
    Princess Ctharia: legendary (luckily i own one)
    Swamp Thing: legendary

Are there other sources i missed ? Is there any way to generate water that does not include legendary runes ?
    I try to make a aquatic bg. I fear water generator doesn't cut it in the age of seism and trail water is not enough for pure aquatics.

Please help, open for every suggestion.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Songmaster had it ... now it doesn't anyone ... Sok has been clear cutting apparently :(

3. prymusedek

prymusedek I need me some PIE!

Look for stuff with trail water or trail slime.

4. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Water generators, Circadian Treasure and Soak the Earth for emergency water gen. That is all you need outside of water front guys. The water from generators stays even if the generator is destroyed... the only way to get rid of it (after destruction) is to overlap with a different terrain.

5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Capture.PNG

My BG does alright, has all the ok aquatic champs in the bg.

2 things, one the water from the water generator does slowley go down and will disapear @Ralphen is wrong.

Secondly i suggest Quagmirrian he has grant flight, this counters the lumbering, but you do have to be carfull because it is only 1 turn, so the champ you make fly will be stranded where ever you leave it after the turn. and then it will loose the 5 hp per turn.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Krokodil and Ralphen like this.
  6. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Yes, the water from generator will slowly go back to the point of origin... by one space at turn. Usually, it's a good lapse of time to fix the problem.

Sorry for be "imprecise".

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  7. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Tidemaster bandoleer equip is a great for 2x2 aquatic units. It gives trail water and the way 2x2 work with terrain it means you can move freely w/o ever worrying about terrain modifiers, also gives mobility and domain water. I would definely run one if I was using aquatic bg.

Voodoo Shamfie is also another option, a 2x2 unit with trail water.

8. Krokodil

Krokodil The King of Potatoes

Thank you all.
    Special thanks to gnomes for the bg.
    I will try Quagmirrians and also bandoleer as suggested.

9. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Damn I just realized they removed water front from songmaster and enchantress. Wtf, how are aquatic groups supposed to even work now? You're gonna get draw screwed 50% of your games.

10. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

If they ever buff revier hydraxor. He has that too. Also he has a mini cast alacrity!!! All champs in 2 spaces get 2 ap. Had to put him in since they took water font off boghopper... But i dont ever find myself getting screwed over by deploys since the new mulligan.

11. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I'm pretty sure that isn't true in the case of aquatic. I haven't played it recently but back in the day swamp octopus with a bandoleer still took 2 ap to move from water-non water tiles.

12. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Before this exp it worked for 2x2 aquatics.

Also, Grant:Flight usually didn't negate the aquatic movement penalty (it was bugged). This might be fixed now because Grant:Flight got some changes this exp -- I think the Levitating condition is now always just Flight or Flying, but I haven't tested it.

13. Boozha

Nopes. If you are on 4 tiles of water and go onto 2 tiles of water, it costs 1 AP.

14. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

.. Oh, rip me. When did that change? My swamp octopus used to use all it's AP getting random lumber by accident

15. Boozha

I think it was always that way. That said, the UI is kind of mesed up and will tell you you'd only use 1 AP even if you do run off water and drain yourself in fact.

16. Keku

Keku The King of Potatoes

IMO these really hit the viability of the bg... only 2 champs with songmaster, one of which is limited to 1 per BG.

I guess trail water is the next best thing... IMO elder murkwurm, enchantress and glowing slider might be worth trying out

17. Boozha

Hahaha, Elder Murkwurm. Crap in a can.

18. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

What build do you use for him in that BG?

U1: Splash CD3 for AoE 2 water that lasts 4 turns.
    Pros: impeding water, good size area.
    Cons: 1 turn without water, costs 2/3 AP per turn on average.
    Overall, feels similar to Trail: Slime

U1: Hyrdate CD4 for AoE 2 champs only water that lasts 3 turns.
    Pros: grants 2AP on each target.
    Cons: less water overall, costs 3 nora up front (compared to Splash)
    Overall, the 2AP is huge but the water gen is only useful for semi-aquatics

U2: Water Veil On deploy AoE 10 water that lasts 3 turns.
    Pros: Cheapest build, will reach fonts from deployment zone
    Cons: One-time use, draw dependent

U2: Vitalize +1 spd for spd 5 champs within 5 spaces
    Aquatic 5 speeders: Wavecrusher
    Semi-Aquatic 5 speeders: Arcanist, Death Lily, Elder Murkwurm, Forcemage, Songmaster, Swamp Thing
    Overall, looks fine for Circadian BG, otherwise probably not worth it.

U2: Revere: Hydraxor Makes Hydraxor cheaper, contributes to Quest: Damage, Regen 1
    Costs 7 nora more than Water Veil. Saves 7 or 8 nora on Hydraxor.
    Pro: Regen can be useful
    Cons: No water. Takes time before you get the 7 or 8 nora back and relies on deploy order.
    Overall, the main comparison is between Water Veil and Regen. I'd go with Water Veil.

19. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I Play Water veil and hydrate or nora shield.

Revier and vitalize are completely useless for my aquatic bg- (wave crusher gets 6 speed(from being on water) and multi 2, he can deep dive and hit only once anyhow.) splash could be ok.

Revier gives regen 2 and the dmg is added to hydraxor (For quest DMG), but he is so cheap(in my bg because aquatic, 70 nora) so the 10% decrease does not make it worth ist for me.

splash is ok, but i like hydrate more because i can use it with my wavecrusher more easily to give him the extra ap for once he has deep dived. it gives ALL champs in 2 spaces 2 ap, so its pretty efficient.

Capitulator likes this.
  20. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Curious, what do you think of corrupted overlord for water gen? I get the feeling you'll say he's overcosted, but I wanted to ask anyway.