Choosing between 3 ranks is not an interesting decision.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tangmcgame, Jun 30, 2014.

1. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Aura 1, 2 or 3. Resist 1, 2 or 3. Boring. Even worse when both of your upgrade paths are like this. I know you guys had a lot to go through, but moving forward, please make upgrade options more interesting. It's not even that bad here and there, but it's all over the place on these champs.

In the same vein, I'd really like to see upgrade selections with very different nora cost swings. Maybe offer one that bumps the nora cost by 7, one that ups it by 3, and then a drawback that can reduce the cost by 3. That's way more exciting than our options now of this ability or that one for 1 LESS NORA!

Basically, I really like the middle ground you guys have struck between the past two upgrade systems. It's simple but still hearkens back to an era when we had way more control over our champions. I just don't think you guys have really taken advantage of it and made it all that it could be. Here's to the future!

Clueless, TheNidhogg, Goyo and 8 others like this.
  2. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I just want to mention that quite often picking the lower grade on several of these ranks is the best option.

Abilities like pummel or curse made barely little difference between each rank, and while -1cd or +1dmg usually have little to no impact, shaving 3n here or 2n there can reduce the nora cost, which is much more significant. Running a champion level 1 stuck with upgrades rank 2 almost feel like a handicap, I.E.: the rip witch.

Goyo likes this.
  3. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Yep. Not to mention there is almost never a reason to take the middle rank of these upgrades.

newsbuff likes this.
  4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Unless taking the top upgrade puts you over the magic 75 nora.

5. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

HELL YES. Thank you. Rank 2 vs 3 vs other ability would be ok.

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

berserker 3 vs berserker 2 (might as well get the + spd)
    block 2 vs block 1
    init 2 vs init 1 (on a shortlived champ at least)

7. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I completely disagree, I love having this option and would HATE to have to choose between 3 good abilities and then possibly be stuck with a 3rd rank of an ability I didn't want.

This way provides us with a lot of choice with controlling the champs nora cost.

8. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Init 1 is very reasonable until they change summons. Boards seem to grow quite quickly when it's just 60n/free champs.

Also, just because an ability comes in multiple ranks doesn't mean they should always be options (cough, dark favour).

9. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I really can't tell if you're trolling or serious.