Chromebook

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by WeTriedToHide, Jun 13, 2014.

1. WeTriedToHide

WeTriedToHide New Member

Hi, I have just purchased a new Chromebook, and am looking to play this game, is PoxNora compatible with a Chromebook?

thanks!

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Right now Pox Nora will only run on PC or Mac and requires Java 7 or newer. It is unlikely it would run, but you can definitely try. Unless you are asking about a web launcher version of the game, which in that case we do not currently support web launch.

3. SirHazyrd

SirHazyrd New Member

I have good news, bad news, and neutral news.

Good News: There ARE ways to run windows applications on Chrome OS.

Bad News: The one that would work is a business/ enterprise service, and it will cost you thousands. To my knowledge, there are 2 companies that offer this service. It combines the magic of HTML5 and some cloud server voodoo to allow you to run a sort of browser based Windows emulator that is supposed to work flawlessly...ish. If you're curious, the big one that Google actually worked with is VMWare.
    http://www.cnet.com/news/now-running-on-a-chromebook-near-you-windows/

Neutral News: You can install Wine (Windows emulator for Linux) on ChromeOS, by getting into developer mode. You first have to install Crouton, which gives you a Linux desktop alongside Chrome OS. unfortunately, Wine doesn't play well with PoxNora. There might be someone on the forums that has it working properly through Linux...maybe they could help more. To my knowledge though, programs that update regularly like PoxNora, or WoW, etc, make it very difficult to run on an emulator, because the emulator won't necessarily always be compatible with every new patch.
    So you might be stuck not being able to play after a patch.

I wish I could be of more help, but that's all I can give you :(

Maybe eventually we'll see a browser version of Pox...or maybe even...dare I say it...a mobile app! Lol