CIA says Russia influenced US election to help Trump win

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sokolov, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

So, what, we're entering the "everything's fake because it's biased" portion of the discussion again?

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You're right, Russia is 100% behind the cyber attacks

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

they were... we have every intelligence agency in our nation telling us in agreement. Yes it was an attack, Modern battles are fought in cyberspace nowadays not on battlefields and the results can be catastrophic.

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You're gonna have to provide a source for that claim, last I heard the FBI still disagrees, apart from a HuffPo article that doesn't actually mention the FBI at all apart from a picture of Comey.

DarkJello likes this.
  5. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Wrong. US intelligence agencies are NOT in full agreement.

The following article from Friday indicates US intelligence IS starting to shift much closer to idea that Russian hackers exposed DNC emails--instead of DNC and RNC--because they preferred Trump to HRC.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1452E1?client=safari

Guessing because Trump said talks were preferred, while HRC wanted to further enrich the M-I-C by waging yet another war. Remind me again why the Left wanted a prolific warmonger as POTUS?? Most members of congress still have NOT been briefed by CIA, although ODNI promises glasnost at some future date. Benefit of the doubt says they will do so. We shall see. Feels like build up to invasion of Iraq all over again, but I could be wrong.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The FBI initially disagreed with whether they were doing it to help Trump specifically and also felt that there was not enough evidence to win a conviction, but they agree that the hack was at last partially perpetrated by the Russians and have even gone after at least 2 Russian nationals already.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...SKBN1452E1?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews

"ODNI, which oversees all 16 U.S. intelligence agencies, said that when the review is complete, the U.S. intelligence community "stands ready to brief Congress."

Two of the government sources said on Friday that the Federal Bureau of Investigation now backs the CIA assessment that the Russian hacks were aimed at helping Trump win. The ODNI also agrees with the assessment, all three government sources said.

The FBI, which has responsibility for counterintelligence investigations inside the United States, initially did not endorse the CIA's finding because it did not meet the standards of evidence necessary to win a conviction in a U.S. court or identify individuals whose hacking violated American law, one source said. The debate over Russian hacking also is opening a rift between Trump and some Republican members of Congress."​

Anyway, it's still pretty much just people talking - we'll have to wait for official statements from ODNI and others. But at least for now, it appears they are now in agreement.

I suspect, given the allegedly sensitive nature of the intelligence, we, the general public, may never know the full story.

DarkJello and KingJad like this.
  7. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

lets assume Russia wants trump to be president

lets assume Russia was responsible for hacking the DNC and exposing their crooked hypocrisy to the public so that they could make a more informed decision on election day.

so what? do you think that somehow negates the choice people made? perhaps you feel that if the RNC were as careless with cyber security as the DNC that they too would have had embarrassing emails leaked?

do you REALLY think there could have been anything leaked from the RNC that would have done more dmg to Trump than he did to himself? its not like anyone in the media was helping the RNC. what could there have possibly been in there that would have swayed voters against trump that they didn't already know?

this is a nothing burger as far as the election is concerned. but if youre outraged by Russian interference or the attempt at it

1) bullsh!t. you weren't outraged by **** before the election and you wont be outraged after the electors vote
    2) since when are liberals tough on any of our enemies? just stop, youre embarrassing yourselves. when its time to get tough, the right has it covered thanks.

8. Sokolov

You are right. Here I am, on the left, not caring about anything but war and when I looked at Clinton and Trump, I thought,

"Hmm.. warmonger or not-Warmonger? I'll go with Warmonger - I don't really care about their other positions."

Come on, you know that most people on the left will vote for the candidate for the Ds, and most people on the right will vote for the candidate for the Rs. It's not some one issue BS like you try and imply here.

And what is "defeat ISIS" if not some kind of war (indirect or otherwise)? Plus it's actually Trump who has immediately fed the MIC even before he is in office and he wants to expand the military and increase spending, but hey, it's CLINTON who is the one who wants to enrich the MIC.

But hey, the Republican motto is: it's only bad if the Democrats are proposing it, amirite?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    BurnPyro likes this.
  9. Sokolov

So stupid.

BurnPyro likes this.
  10. KingJad

lol you're ready to go burn an American flag and have a bonfire with the leftist you condemn. Trump as president is just another commander-in-chief I serve. I only posted because I see so many people who proclaimed themselves America First Patriots perfectly fine with a sovereign nation interfering with our Government. I believe you're scum and you're just as bad as those you claim are destroying America.

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i'd say i'm more concerned than outraged, and most of the reason is similar to what you say here- this could have been a ridiculously easy election for the democrats, but they put up someone who's, rightly or wrongly, been demonized and torn down for decades. any loss by the democrats must be on them here.

unless the russian interference went as far as vote changing or something like that, then it's obnoxious that they can do that but it's not a huge deal to me. also, i'm not really sure on where the lines are here but my understanding of the DNC and the RNC is that they're separate entities that recommend and organize people for political posts, rather than being an actual part of our government. if that's true, a breach of the security of one or the other is of national public concern, but it's their business as separate entities.

if they are included directly in the government, that's different for me.

i forgot something else in the middle of typing this. maybe it'll come to me.

super71, DarkJello and BurnPyro like this.
  12. Ragic

its a shame youre too butt hurt about the election to even read with comprehension. show me in my post where i deny Russia was involved. show me where in my post that i say nothing should be done. you cant. fool.

my post says the left has no credibility on this issue. they are being hypocrites as usual. they are only concerned with interfering with the electoral process.

im really getting tired of having to translate my posts for these idiots who refuse to read.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you ragic.

14. Ragic

go play with your dolls somewhere else

15. KingJad

Butthurt about what a larger pay increase with a Republican controlled government? The issue is you downplay Russian interference in our affairs. You only show drive to further divide yourself from your countrymen. If you are a lot more critical of liberals than foreign intervention and that is ridiculous. Like I said Trump is just another commander-in-chief to take flak for a couple years. You're a cancer to a prosperous American future though.

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

interesting answer. it is all coming together. suddenly you make sense.

17. Ragic

where do i downplay it? by saying that regardless of what Russia did your candidate still sucked? by claiming that your outrage has more to do with losing the election than it does with concern for our national security? that's just truth. sorry you cant handle it. just like you cant handle Russia.... or China, or lybia, or Syria. or Iraq.. or........
    leave it to us.

super71 and DarkJello like this.
  18. KingJad

It must be hard for you to process that I don't care about the election results at this point. I'm looking at it from a different perspective I don't care about who would have won I'm bothered about how patriots are perfectly fine with a foreign nation meddling in our affairs there is no justification for it. "leave it to us?" okay I'll leave the job to a false patriot on the interwebs.

19. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

The only country which constantly interferes in other governments is America.

DarkJello and Geressen like this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Indeed Russia prefers to seed other countries with sepetarists and then annex parts.

KingJad likes this.