cinematic intro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torgue, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Torgue

Torgue Member

Poxnora is an amazing game with excellent artwork and gameplay. Mybe if theres a CGI cinematic intro movie would make it more...interesting. besides, its good for promoting the game.

2. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Based on my admittedly limited knowledge of such things, they are exceedingly expensive to make. At this time I'd say that DoG's resources could be far better spent else where.

Baskitkase likes this.
  3. ktm

ktm Member

ya. as much as i love the game, at this point in time it seems that a huge investment like a cgi movie would not have the desired impact.

4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i think that good idea why dont u ask DOG

5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Before any cinematic art pieces are created I think DOG should unite all the poxnora lore into one complete history of the game from start to finish. Creating a complete story line from beginning to end will give the game the foundation it needed from the beginning. In this way players have somewhere to begin to create cinematic segments from and become more inspired by the characters. From what I gather most of the storyline seems to have gaps and lacks continuity. One complete history from the fall of old Valdac, the Elsari experiment, and to the present time where the plague of ba'lah occurred would help players past and present gain deeper insight into the game. Presently the game consists of runes with cool abilities with disjointed bits of lore attached to each of them. It would be nice to read a story about Timothy the Vile and his beginnings as a necromancer, or the tale of Sixul, Argol, and the Nine dire lords. A funny story about how Cory and Brague died together to only wind up as Coragh the two headed zombie.

6. Torgue

Torgue Member

Agree! there should be a complete lore for poxnora. Poxnora also needs more promotion to attract more players which in turn increase funds. Complete lore of a game is also an attraction for newcomers as well as veteran players.

7. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Fundraiser my ass. It doesn't need to be fancy, and it doesn't even need to be in 3D.

Nice, cell-shaded graphics go a very long way. Many famous games have used concept art for in game cut-scenes, & with great success.

8. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Maybe in a few years, who knows, when pox have a strong player base, at the moment we all want to fix the game first.

profhulk likes this.
  9. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

As someone who often skips the CGI intro to games the first time, (nevermind the subsequent times) it seems like a waste.

10. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

A good game trailer on YT and a good "gameplay" video are vital to a game's success.