Classy Equipment

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Fikule, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Just thinking of some more class-based equipment. Just wanting them to be usable on everything, but have an optional bonus when used on a certain class using a "Learn" ability.

The idea is that they will be cheap with cheap, but situationally useful effects, but also have the upgrades for classes.

Learn: X
    This unit learns X and this ability is removed. This ability costs Y nora to activate.

Adept's Bardiche
    Nora: 15
    Equipped melee champion's maximum range is increased to 2. If the equipped melee champion is a Warrior they also gain Learn: Scythe Whirl [12 Nora].

Arcane Lute
    Equipped champion gains 2 ranks of Sonic Aura. If the equipped champion is a Bard they also gain Learn: Arcane Dance [8 Nora].

Assassin's Dagger
    Equipped champion gains Stab. If the equipped champion is a Rogue they also gain Learn: Flanking [8 Nora].

Flame Sceptre
    Equipped champion gains a rank of Flame Strike. If the equipped champion is a Wizard they also gain Learn: Flame Armor 2 [8 Nora].

Holy Pendant
    Equipped champion gains Purified. If the equipped champion is a Priest they also gain Learn: Heal Mass 2 [6 Nora].

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I like these ideas, mate! The equips are pretty cheap but cost a little extra for an added benefit. For this reason, you can spread out the cost over a few turns. With that said, the first one is a little too cheap (+2 MAX RNG for melee champs would make some champs patently broken, especially with Scythe Whirl). The others look great, though!

3. Fikule

Ty :)

For the record, the range is increased TO 2, not BY 2 :)

so a 1-1 becomes a 1-2.

4. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Brilliant. Just one note: you have to be very careful when coming up with these equipments. If the secondary benefit is too strong/much stronger than the first, it will make the equipment only be run/only worth it with the specified class. So then, the whole idea of it being a generic equipment with an added bonus is wasted.

5. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Ah, got ya. I misread that one. RNG 1 to RNG 1-2 is fine.

6. Fikule

True.

I would say the weakest option is Purified. But for 15 nora, it is quite a nice pre-emptive defense.

I would have said Stab, but the option to give anything a spot melee attack for that cheap is always nice. But of course, not always useful.

I kind of wanted the make the first bonus situational, so you won't always be dropping them.

Then, as Xirone stated, the secondary bonus can be learned at any time. Of course, you need to learn it before someone disarms you. But you may not want to, for example, pay for Flanking until you are actually flanking someone. Of course, if they disarm you, you only lost 15 nora.

Do you guys think the champions should lose the learned effects if disarmed?

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I was totally expecting "monocle" and "top hat" equipment runes.

19madfox95 and Leadrz like this.
  8. Fikule

Until there is a champion that is just a giant top hat that I can suggest putting a top hat on top of, I just don't see the point.
    :)

9. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Only if the equip gives the ability. For example, for Murder, if it gave Attack Charged like your equips, then it does not need to be there because it was learned. But Frostcall Quiver would require the equip because the frost comes from the quiver.

10. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

My kartch says bring on the gear.

11. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Assassin's dagger seems a little less generally useful on its specified class.
    Melee runes have little reason to want stab.

12. Fikule

True, maybe Poison 1?

13. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

So basically a better version of Poison Fang then?
    Poison Fang DOES need a rework...