Cleansing Emerald bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by MadLotar, Mar 18, 2014.

1. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

I was in a game and took over a champ with slaver's whip while I had a cleansing emerald (my own) nearby and ended my turn. On my next turn, the cleansing emerald's ability went into effect and cleansed the possess from the champ I had possessed. Is this intentional?

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Can anyone else confirm this?

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I think it's WAI, cleansing luminiscence says it cleanses " friendly" champions not "friendly champions that you own".

4. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Actually, the interaction is correct.

What is happening is that Cleansing Emerald is cleansing the Paralyzed condition from your champ that is possessing the enemy champ. The paralyzed condition is tied to the possession. When the paralyzed condition is removed, possession is removed.

This was a change made by a previous lead designer.

5. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

This interaction is correct. Similarly, you cannot use Cleansing Emerald to cleanse your owned champ if it is possessed by the enemy.

6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

You just broke my brain with that breakdown. + 25 fictional forum points for accurately breaking down the interaction.

7. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

That is good to know. I will keep that in mind next time I use my slaver's whip around a cleansing emerald.
    Thank you all for the help! :D