Clear indication the rank system does not work.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karmavore, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

2. only

only Active Member

1. player starts with 1000 ELO "points".
    2. for each victory/defeat, player win/loses ELO points.
    3. system also has rank decay, which means for being inactive you lose points (without actually losing the games).
    4. in 2013 autumn, 90% of community abbadoned PoxNora due to developers having inability to communicate with community.
    5. during this stage of joy, all players decayed their ranks to the oblivion. it means that we all became low exo/rare/uncommon league players, but system still needs to define what is limited and what is not. in other words, being the best doesn't mean being good. it's pyramid system.
    6. at the moment, player creating account starts in limited 30 or so.
    7. there is no single rank system, which would be able to account such a massive sudden inactive scene and still be able to work properly in such an unnatural conditions.
    8. unnatural conditions stand for the current ranks being even worse than first day(s) of reset. it also means that there is no difference between rare and uncommon leagues. see their exp, they're sitting at 500. all of them. it also means that player, who was limited and came back after being inactive will need to win like 50 games to become limited again, while a new player just need to create account and he is already limited 30 (unffocially). he plays a match and then this statistic is official.

it means that we need rank reset. I'm not denying the fact that rank decay is problematic and very unfunny if such long pauses during reset exist. another point as some top players state they don't get proper EXP for winning 20 games in a row or so. I can't deny this one too so both of these are open for discussion, but please for the sake of poxnora, be familiar with what is happening with the current system.

3. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

I know that for sure I don't belong up there lol
    Caught me by surprise!

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Maybe you do, maybe you don't.

Truth is you played well in your placement matches and with the current system in place as mentioned above, you got there. It's the fact that there's not enough players to play against, so it's harder to get to high elo values. 3 Years ago I had 2,4k exp when getting battlemaster, now you can hardly get 1300 as there isn't exp to go around.

5. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

Your supportive kind words made me happy :) Thank you!

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You were getting shot down pretty hard by the OP (unintentional I'm sure), no need for that

7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Didn't mean this to be a silverraine is a baddy how u top 5 thread. This is a perfect example of the win a couple lose 1 and gain massive rank.

Just to clarify BP

8. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

THEY.
    KNOW.
    MOVE.
    ON.
    /capsoff

9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

With all do respect MOO!.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014