Client Freezes During Gameplay

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by RockPaperGiJoe, Mar 9, 2014.

1. RockPaperGiJoe

RockPaperGiJoe New Member

I'm a returning Pox player from about 4 years ago and I wanted to see the new changes under the new management. I'm running into a problem with the Pox Client whenever I try to play any training grounds BG. The game will work fine for the first few rounds but as soon as I hit round 8 or so the game will freeze abruptly as a new rune is revealed.

I've tried:
    - closing out the client using task manager since it is frozen and then opening it again. I can reconnect to my game but it will immediately freeze again when the battle ground loads.
    - running the game under various compatibility settings under properties.
    - running the game as an administrator.
    - checking the latest version of my NVidia graphics drivers. DXDIAG and system properties are all good. I recently ran a bench marking utility without any issues.
    - tried other games using Java. They all work correctly.

2. RockPaperGiJoe

RockPaperGiJoe New Member

I'm still having this issue.

There are a few more issues I've run into: I was charged 1,000 gold for the free public deck that you are supposed to get after completing the tutorial. Also, all of my single player scenarios are showing as locked. I know I purchased more than what I have available before your game transitioned to Sony but those aren't even showing as available.

3. Galandra

Galandra The King of Potatoes

Still freezing on Windows 7; and the restarter does exactly nothing. Still haven't completed a single solo game since the migration. It freezes so hard that I have to use 'end process tree' in Task Manager to shut it down.

I notice that the memory usage is hugely increased vs. the SOE client; like half a Gb vs. a third Gb.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014