Cliff Diving Idea

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Braxzee, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I know this may take a bit to program.

What if we bring back cliff diving even to knock back? BUT...

There will be one caveat in that the champ that is cliff dived that player can spend 10 Nora to have it put back in the safest place possible (or gain flying for 2 rounds), looses AP and is distracted for one turn.

Just thinking that this would also nerf KB a little bit as that champ would not take the 5 to 15 dmg.

It would bring in a one more Nora management mechanic into the game. Ie I spent 50 nora gale and you spent 10 nora to keep alive....or I have to catch you with less than 10 nora in the bank

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

While I would prefer to see cliff diving back this wouldn't be the way.

It's a lot of work for a minor gain even if i do like the flavor.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  3. Braxzee

It is a lot of a work...It would prevent posession dive from going away, and players could not dis regard being so close to the cliffs. More thought has to go into tactical movement and nora management

4. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

It's really ironic you are talkng about tactical movement when playing the faction with things like ice stars, chronomancer, and AoI, gale force, and frigid blast, and blizzard to name a few.

Like where do you think players are going to move versus an ST player lmao.

If you want to bring back tactical movement, reduce the damage done by knock back, and add more choke points on maps.

5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Cliffing is going to be gone.

Fentum likes this.
  6. Braxzee

Tactical placement and nora management. You poses a champ off the cliff and I spend 10 nora to save it I win that battle. Or you spend 3 to 8 AP to KB my champ off of a cliff and I spend 10 nora to save it, its up in the air as to who comes out on top pending on what else in the game is going on.

KB damage should not be reduced, if you place champs in a bad spot you should pay for it! You can see the other player has KB on the board or if you are playing ST you know they may carry a gale. Just like when I play against FW I know I am getting loss of life , turned into a zombie or posessed or put in a dead magic zone. It would be my tactical error for not having any iron will or spell protection.

AP generation should not be the only surprise tactical move in POX as this is the direction it is heading, there should be a blend of champ placement, nora management, spell, ap generation, turtling, shrine rushing and creating super champs.

I am for FW doing possession cliff dives, take that away and bgs need less of iron will and it frees up a rune slot. Not only does it free up a rune slot players can be more aggressive in rushing fw bgs by not having to fear cliff dives or a FW/SP split and creating a chasm (Great creativity to who ever came up with that one). When you could cliff dive champs with a gale or KB, it hardly ever happened due to all you needed was one or more AP and your champ was fine. I do not think it even took KB damage it just lost its AP using it to prevent itself from falling over the edge.

7. DiCEM0nEY

Kb damage should be reduced, because it doesn't allow interesting terrain in maps to be used.

It would be better if kb was more about getting units out of position, that is logically what the primary focus of the tool should be, yet it never is

8. DiCEM0nEY

What's xburst?
    There's more strategy lost to current kb damage than gained. At least make kb against terrain and relics do less kb damage. Although I think across the board is better.

davre likes this.
  9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Depends on perspective i think there's
    A lot more or just as much strategy in maneuvering your opponent into a kb kill then spamming aoes and ranged attacks in sl or just spamming things to die in worms, or name any other mundane strategy.

10. Braxzee

I did like how it used to be with KB. If they had AP they just went to 0 AP. The you could cliff them or slam them into other champs. I do get players hate auto kills so you could spend 10 nora to save it. Even with out cliffing the AP to 0 rule may be a good thing. You would have to slam twice or gale twice or reduce AP to zero by other means