COMMENTS: Summary: NUX Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Kampel likes this.
  2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Really excited to see the new Training Grounds Changes!

3. KTCAOP

Question though on the public decks. 4 are going the added each week? Will this be on a rotation system? Or will you just be adding 4 new decks to the stock. In a year, that's over 200 public decks o_O

If so, how will those public decks work? Are they full faction? Split Faction? Theme oriented? How will the distribution of public deck work?

Also, I only notice a quick play. Would it be still be possible to host a game so I could invite specific players to a game to help them learn the game? Or would I have to rely on chance?

Furthermore, with the Legendaries being rolled into packs, how will this affect the core and expanded sets for Legendary chances?

4. triarii

triarii New Member

Very sexy. Very sexy indeed.

5. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

*Applauds*

The new system makes pox more viable as f2p then I have ever seen, bravo!

I particularly like how the new shard system works.

6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It will be a rotation. We want to keep the number of decks manageable.

The majority of Public Decks are themed to expose new players to the wide range of potential play styles. There are no split faction Public Decks at this point in time, but that can change down the road.

At private matches are now a function of the Battlegrounds lobby, but you can use the Public Decks there too.

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I think that battlegroup lists for each public deck should be provided somewhere in the client, like in that screen with the vengeant knight, I could see the picture at the right, the description and the quickmatch button in the middle and the deck list, with runes being showed in detail when the mouse hovers above them, for example.

8. KTCAOP

So if I want to interact with new players and then invite them to a match, I have to go to the Training Grounds Lobby, talk to them, ask them to go to the Battleground lobby, create a game, invite them to the game, then after the game go back and talk to more players in the Training Grounds? Wouldn't this also make it more difficult if I wanted to show new players some of the basic techniques since they would have to go to the battleground lobby to observe and wouldn't be able to see me in the Training Grounds Lobby?

Thank you for answering the questions! I guess I will have to wait and see how it works all works out =P.

9. AKHolic

AKHolic The King of Potatoes

Like it thus far, and so do you get to choose which deck you would like or is it given to you at random? (sorry if i missed anything out)

10. GabrielQ

There are 20 decks, you can unlock them by various means (doing the tutorials, buying them with gold) and there are 4 (of the 20) decks selected each week that are temporarily available to everyone, so if you didn't unlocked them yet, you can use them for that week. But you can eventually unlock all of them permanently.

AKHolic likes this.
  11. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

They are not given decks: If you have ever played LoL it's like the Free champ rotation, there will be a couple of battlegroups available to new players (and old ones) each week, and they will rotate through more of them the next week.

EDIT: Gabriel answered D:
    why didn't i notice the new message sign T_T

AKHolic likes this.
  12. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I like it but how will this integrated training grounds and ranked play work. If you are able to host games and invite friends wouldn't that allow rank boosting, or is it designed in the likeness that custom game is an independent option and you still have to que to be in ranked play?

13. KTCAOP

Hrm, I guess I am confused. I would expect 16 decks, 2 of each full faction deck, to be set and standard, and then 4 decks being rotated in and out weekly.

14. AKHolic

AKHolic The King of Potatoes

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me :D

15. GabrielQ

No rank involved on custom games, it just happen to be in the same lobby as ranked play, that is called battlegrounds now.

Senshu likes this.
  16. KingJad

there is a typo on the announcement picture detailing the tutorial:D, unless keyboard is spelled keybord

17. KingJad

oh ok i just was kind of confused so can you still join created games in battlegrounds like you can in the current Training Grounds or must you invite ppl

18. KTCAOP

Ah, indeed, GabrielQ seems to have read it correctly and I misread it XD. Still am curious as to the breakdown of distribution the 20 public decks though =P.

19. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Imo crafting rates for anything above uc are nuts.

Maybe there are people who haven't ever traded out cheap runes or stocked up with them, but that's about it.

20. KTCAOP

That's what it sounds like to me. You might be able to do quick matches in the Training Grounds. But if you wanted to host a game, you can only do so in the Battlegrounds.