Congratulations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by belalugosi, Jun 24, 2021.

1. belalugosi

belalugosi The King of Potatoes

I want to congratulate you on the worst design for a champion in the history of pox. Vex. Great job.

XFurionsX, Bushido and PoxBot like this.
  2. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Jakei frost queen with sovereign bounty deserves honorable mention, as does aspect of divinity.

XFurionsX, IMAGIRL and belalugosi like this.
  3. belalugosi

belalugosi The King of Potatoes

Agreed. I would hope the person/people in charge of making changes could reconsider this long range superchamp style of design.

4. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

5-9 range sentinel is pure skill. But at least toxic skeletons are taken care of, those had no counter play.

In all seriousness this is the worst state of pox in a long time imo. Very dice roll. Any meta that encourages super champing (especially high range / speed) super champing is generally very very bad. There's a myriad of reasons for that, but it boils down to fewer meaningful decisions. Right now it's really hard to get past the first 3-4 power turns thanks to bad design with a majority of normal decks. And if you do, it's usually not worth the reward, which means it's a gimmicky meta. In order for pox to reward skill, games need to be very long. This is the nature of the game. Ideally, game pacing should be targeted towards the time it takes to transfigure a shrine, with a std of 1 or 2 turns. But there is no design philosophy besides "ppl hate long games" and "I want to go play league of legends now".

I think my FW meta vs your UD meta on the 5 font map with high ground was an awesome game. It was only possible because we weren't playing super gimmicky Bane Shift, and actually had a positional and technical game. Now imagine if I could have just bombarded your shrine with a super champ (lol)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I won't lie as soon as I saw jakei frost queen I was like....wow....I almost want to come back just to see how much I can break that. would be the first time I would be excited to play a JFQ since the ST release expansion, with that design she should probably have hero as well...almost criminal she doesn't considering the lore.

6. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

So I took a look at frost queen. It's very possible I don't understand, but it seems like if you deploy frost queen then icefang then icefang then kento, ice queen has like a 42-43% chance of being ridiculous, because she can get ranged stance or silent contemplation and becomes 10-range mobile or 11-range immobile with sentinel. And if she doesn't get ranged stance or silent contemplation she can still get the other nasty abilities of icefang and kento.

Seems legit.

Alternatively, slapping akakios's blade on vex and letting her put a 9 dot on champs at range 8 is hilarious too. Haven't seen her run with draconic force yet (I might run that upgrade if I made the deck), but that could easily be +10 dmg for her in the midgame and make her a 20+ dmg, range 8 champ. Throw in a quicken here and there and you're melting things with 3 ap by midgame. Lategame we won't really talk about, but it's pretty easy to tell she's the best champ in the game by that point.

Seems legit.

IMAGIRL, XFurionsX and Bushido like this.