Cooldown on destroyed runes.

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by XFurionsX, Nov 5, 2014.

1. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Pretty simple, if it is destroyed in a game, you can't use it for an X amount of time.
    This will make players to use another runes from their own faction or make them split faction, and we avoid facing the same bg all the time all the FREAKING TIME.
    If the player has 3 runes for example 3 carrionlings, and 2 of them are in cooldown, he can't add a carrionling in to any bg.
    Thanks, have a good day.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Promoting BG variance and diversity of player choice through restricting their access to items they have seems a frustrating and destructive avenue. I think this would stop people from playing more than it would promote playing anything else. It would be especially detrimental to new players, a demographic DOG shouldn't be alienating right now.

Woffleet likes this.
  3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

or just romove numerous from database lol

4. XFurionsX

That is a double edge sword, they might get bored losing at the same bg as well, maybe new players can be protected in a sort of way about this.
    And im not talking the get cooldowns of 50 games, im talking just 1-2 games depending on rarity.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Whatever it may or may not alleviate for new players, it restricts player access to items they have and introduces a new and arbitrary mechanic. Mechanics that are purely restrictive do nothing to engender enjoyment or engagement, and will only promote creativity if carefully calibrated. I do not think preventing players from using the same runes in back to back games would do anything other than frustrate a vast majority of the player base.

6. Anondylar

Anondylar Well-Known Member

You are literally advocating preventing players from playing the game; new players may literally only have thirty runes of the same faction, and nothing else.

There is no circumstance under which this is a good idea.

7. XFurionsX