Coreset for free.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poxbrothers, Mar 20, 2015.

?

Would this be a good idea?

1. Yes.

53 vote(s)
    73.6%
  2. No.

19 vote(s)
    26.4%
  1. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

What if:

After completing/skipping the tutorial you get the coreset runes for free times the deck limit (so 2x for most of the runes) (untradeable/not forgeable) minus LE runes.

Current players would gain shards according to the runes they have in core set (again minus LE).

This would open up more runes for new players (as the current locked BGs for gold are a big turn off).
    A starting premade BG filled with core set runes for every faction could be availabe, 100% customizable.
    I think this could make it way more engaging for new players to start playing PoxNora.

Side idea:
    This could open up the possibility of a place for new players to play PVP with only core set runes against each other, everyone would have the exact same options.

EDIT: I am asking if this would be good for the game, not for your perceived rune value!

Feel free to elaborate on your yes or no answer in this thread.

Cheers,

Josh753

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    WhatTheHex, Lauremoon and SPiEkY like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Please do

3. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

So long as no legendary or limited runes (including banners) were included, I don't see a problem with it.

4. Poxbrothers

Why not include legendary runes as well? (just out of curiosity)

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

free corset?

learnedone, Netherzen, Vorian and 8 others like this.
  6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Supported.

Baskitkase and darklord48 like this.
  7. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

I'm a huge fan of anything that helps new players get into the game.
    Considering a large part of the game is building your own BG and the current "New player experience" doesn't even pretend to touch on that, I'd say that this is borderline necessary.
    Plus it'd help to support the notion that this is a F2P game, which will attract some people.

I mean... really the arguments that could be made against this are nothing compared to the benefits that would be gained.

8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I always liked the idea of a new expansion being moved into the core set each time a expansion was released, because you would at least not be capped on runes you could get. Also if you gave out every core set rune then skirmishes and training games would be relatively pointless killing a lagre part of single player.

9. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

To give them something to strive for. There's not a whole lot of legendaries early on anyway. I think they should still be able to earn them as they go rather than be given them. Excessive grind is dull a boring. A small amount of grind helps with interest level (it always has mine at any rate).

10. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

k

claydude5 and SPiEkY like this.
  11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

12. Poxbrothers

Obviously skirmishes and training games would gain different rewards with this model.

There would still be the grind for extended set runes (which still is the majority of runes).

Perceived value even for core set runes is there.
    Players might feel that their total runes value went down in a way.

Note that I think it doesn't outweigh the benefits this would have for the game.

Cheers,

Josh753

13. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Meh. Some themes require extended runes and is not hard making your first themed bg. For new players they should give out one public deck for free but with actual owned runes that you can change them. You will have to complete the whole tutorial and tried every public deck to get it.

14. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Limited's/Legendaries should be limited to paying players; full access to the core set of Com/Unc/Rare/Exo however would be a stellar boon to getting people into the game. You have the ability to create/imagine up your own BG's straight out the gate.

15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Only Core Set Legs are Diplomats, Banners, Octopi Helm, and Thorn Collection.

I'd say have the Legs by tied with Avatar Purchase (so Diplos and Banner rather than just Banner).

Make Octopi and Thorn Collection Exos or something if people are worried about uneven Leg value for those factions, or just include them in the "you get tons of stuff" pack without altering rarity.

Limiteds should obviously not be included.

I'm in favor of anything that can encourage a larger population to play. Dunno if it would be feasible for DOG on the business side, which is my only real concern (Core Set Rune Value can go to hell as far as I'm concerned).

16. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

I fear this would cause the majority of new free players to resent veterans due to the veterans " having op runes" . It seems to promote that mentality.

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@Senshu Mind bringing this thread to Geddens attention? Also ask him about Faction Specific packs. He mentioned he already costed them in a Q&A.

18. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I have everything I need from UD. I might need grundelwulf alpha for beast theme but every possible theme you can make from UD I have it. Missing balefire, aspect, corrupted overlord and greater pitspawn. The rest is just split faction runes I don't want. The thing is I paid $130 for this game. I would have never paid if I couldn't get legendaries unless I paid... I wouldn't been even playing. You can't limit too much from new players. Maybe they can exclude the last 2 exp instead of 1 to make profit but I think newer players should get at least a bg at the first moment they decide which theme they want to use. They can give x1-2 legs, x4-6 exos, x4 rares to get them started good. Jeezus. You can spend $1000 on this game and still not have everything. At least give them a bg that can get a good player to limited rank if they're skilled enough. They don't want to feel like they don't have a chance like I did before forge and skirmish mode happened.

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

The ability to get legendary's from forging the exos provided would still be a possibility. Of course you'd still be able accrue gold and everything else.

20. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well, not sure how many Core Set Box they are selling at the moment, but I allways buy the other one :p

To give for free all the core runes seems too much. I agree that new players in pox nora Suffer for hard start and that if you dont LOVE this kind of games you are going to leave as soon as you realice how long time you will need for get the runes you want and look for an easier game.

The theme decks are great, but the problem is that u canĀ“t change them. I think that buying them with a fair gold cost (or OWL currency) at the marketplace may help new players ( and old players who want to try new themes) to start with them faster. Just that all the premade decks may see a place in the market and check the rate of LEG/EXO/Rares in them.