Could we possibly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zetherim, May 27, 2014.

1. Zetherim

Zetherim The King of Potatoes

Remove the levels on avatars? It was great back in the day when they were released, now it's just a burden for those that are just starting, etc. The whole leveling system in general is pretty out dated at this point.

2. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

I would agree, nothing worse than hitting the battlegrounds with an avatar with almost 50 less HP

3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

hmmm.....for the sake of a competitive game why not cap them in PvP and leave the levels for PvE .

PvE and PvP should be treated differently, in PvE you want levels, you want broken runes, and you want cool combo's.

In PvP you want equality for the sake of a better competition.

SPiEkY, Goyo and mortemdeus like this.
  4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- We can remove all these stop gaps, but whats then to force players to actually learn how to play before they jump into ranked and complain "omg runez opnerf...dis game is hardz!!" .

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Leveling avatars is not bothersome as leveling champions is.

6. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

It's just annoying to be told that you haven't played enough games to NOT be at a disadvantage. It's another issue of it being strictly better to have a leveled avatar than to not.

At least champions won't require levels to be played competitively.

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah. Leveling Avatars is good, stops people from rotating decks only for flavor of the month purposes.

8. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

FTFY

9. calisk

in competitive collectible games adapting to flavor of the month is a normal part of playing the game, in the past pox was just too ridiculously expensive to do this and thus you got faction loyalty which is cheaper then playing all 8, but the price point of pox is dropping I believe and it might be more reasonable to expect players to adapt rather then wait for nerfes.

as for the avatars themselves, it's just a pointless advantage experienced players have that isn't required to be around, it hurts the NPE. by all means leave stuff like this in PVE it's a great thing for having fun.

Stargorger and Dagda like this.
  10. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

The king of ST is back!

11. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

Hahaha, yeah, because our community grows so fast when people who have been playing for years have runes and shrines that no new player can beat nomatter how well they play.

Has to be a balance someplace, the runes are a good place to start but super-powered shrines should be addressed too.

Stargorger likes this.
  12. Thbigchief

- While the delivery was a bit acidic...and my view doesn't stop with just newplayers...(plenty of entitled whiny old players too) I have to agree with the sentiment above (razz) It's getting pretty bad...

- No one expects to have to play the game at all aside for one ranked a day...log and come back the next day. This doesn't help the game. Then people rage cuz they want to switch decks and the game didn't give them fully cp'd legendaries...in the free box they opened. gt-fo

13. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

As a guy who played limited with shrines for a long time, chances are that the HP difference will only matter 4 or 5 times untill you leveled it, it's not that bad.

14. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I almost never lose because my avatar is damaged, I usually lose because I am 2-3 champs down and know when to quit.

15. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

Shrines start with 60HP, avatars fully leveled can be well over twice that. For a new player, seeing your opponent has twice the life you have is quite the kick in the teeth. Not to mention some of the avatars have very powerful abilities when transfigured. They do not come into play often but for a new person looking at the game it looks insanely unbalanced

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. calisk

I wouldn't say that players should be able to switch decks at the drop of a hat, but the numerous requirements to get up to speed of a new faction should be reduced.

In the past to play a competitive game of pox you need 100's of dollars in runes, dozens of hours spent leveling champs and shrines, and a ridiculous amount of experience learning all the undocumented interactions between runes.

These along with other factors have held pox back from growing for years.

honestly I don't know why you enjoy it, at the end of the day it doesn't effect the gameplay any just gives experienced players minor advantages over inexperienced ones.

the strength in pox comes in the really well implemented strategic elements to the game, not stupid Bane Shift like my champ cp, and shrine levels.

SPiEkY and Dagda like this.
  18. Thbigchief

- finally some rational banter. I agree and the devil is in the details... somewhere between the system now and "FREE/instant everything" is the sweet spot. The problem is some posters are just "Demanding" a lot without understanding the implications. I don't love the current cp, trading, etc system but I know simply allowing people to bypass certain aspects of the game wont be healthy either. We have to admit that top levelers used to hang around and play more...now we just want to log in, get our rank game(s) in and log out... this is self serving.

19. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

Tells you how long it has been since I played with a normal shrine XD

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

they buffed it two or three years back iirc

21. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

Well that makes it a little less horrid. Still have the same point though, double the HP on an avatar that costs money (or credits it now seems) and a lot of time to level up is bad on paper, and that is the important part to new people.