CP not leaving

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morfeas, May 3, 2014.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I am disappointed.

Very, very disappointed.

2. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Yeah. I wanted to add a new rune to my deck earlier ...

I had to make a deck with 2 obelisks, 2 armouries, 25 equipments and a champion. Then start / deploy / quit 20 games in a row in a single player campaigh earlier.

Glad the devs (and some supporters) feel like this is a good use of their players time. I am a big fan of when a game becomes a chore!

Morfeas likes this.
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Out of tokens?

4. only

only Active Member

if you reveal all cards in your deck, do you gain more EXP or what? full EXP?

5. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

No, he just did that to get the champion in question as early as possible.

I don't mind CP, and I definitely won't in the new system, especially if they decide to add in taunts in stuff that you can use tokens for, who knows; It's a sink, meh.

6. Morfeas

They could use the EXACT same system (2 customizable upgrades with 3 choices each) but without the levels and most importantly the god damn ********** CP.

I don't think they fully appreciate the seriousness of the issue.

7. Morfeas

I suppose you refer to each upgrade costing more/less nora. Yes, that would be retained, I don't really see your point.

8. only

only Active Member

the current upgrade system has 4 abilities leading to 6 potential combos.
    the proposed one has 6 abilities leading to 9 potential combos. what am I missing?

it seems like the only reasonable explanation behind that new upgrade system is that they want to fix how stupidly CP works now. but why did they take such a weird solution spending (wasting?) resources on something what could be solved by simply removing CP system in general?

Morfeas likes this.
  9. Morfeas

1) Champions WILL be at a disadvantage, saying that Owls will balance all upgrades with the basic ones and the +/- nora on ALL champs in the game is beyond ridic.
    2) Here's why they kept CP: $
    3) "Change many things when they remove CP": That's simply not true, eradicating CP AND levels completely is easy a hell and both us and them know it. Or at least should.

10. Morfeas

Actually yes I do, that's why I said it is ridic easy. Everything you said is a matter of a few hours CLEAN work. 0 mess.

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Make champions only need 100 cp get rid of platinum tokens and boom problem mostly solved or get rid of cp system all together.

12. Legato

I never understood the crusade against this, really. I completely understand your point of view, I wouldn't terribly mind either way. I just don't understand how vehemently you post on the topic.

I do wish instead actually leveling them unlocked things like a taunt, or a minor change in art hue. But meh.

13. Morfeas

Because rune leveling is the sole reason I don't play Pox. That's why personally I'm so vocal about it.

14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

That's a pretty dumb reason to not play a game.

BansheeX, Legato and Apostate like this.
  15. Morfeas

Cool, thanks for sharing your opinion with us :)

16. Regulate

It doesn't stop me playing the game, but it does significantly reduce the amount of time I play it.

I have (or can get) the runes I want to make decks that I feel like playing, but I don't want to go through the chore of levelling them up so I can actually play them in ranked.

Can I ask what about that seems dumb to you?

Morfeas likes this.
  17. Legato

If you have the means for runes, you have the means for tokens.

18. Regulate

@Legato

I get runes from having a large collection myself, trading them out of PB, or borrowing them from friends.

None of those have available tokens. So no, not really.

19. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Use your gold for tokens then.
    If you have the runes, the gold has no other real use for you.

20. Regulate

I don't have much gold...

But you are quite right, it seems totally cool and fine and player-friendly that I should have to jump through these hoops to use runes I (mostly) gave money for.

Why would I spend more money on runes when they won't come with enough tokens to level more than a few champions, and i'm gonna be back in the same place of not wanting to grind single player (or 60 games per token pack, based on my earlier game where I got +50 gold)

Admittedly it is going to improve in the future (potentially, we haven't yet seen how many things are going to have strictly superior upgrades), but it's been dumb since the dawn of time.

I am just frustrated right now, and quite likely for the next month / 2 months before the new system comes in.

Last edited: May 4, 2014