Critique on my Slam BG please

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Jonesy23, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

I made this group with the mindset of using the champs to move around enemies, causing trigger combos and such, only it hasn't really worked that well for me. Part of it is I really had no starting point and simply used runes that possessed abilities for the theme. Here is my current group

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CgPCikCwxCkzCjUcoHCuQCyUcixS33sxS46s54r28rWR2ae3oe2wE1H

I have been testing the group throughout the day without having much success. Any help on improving this group would be much appreciated.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

ok, it's pretty good, just that those tortuns are holding you back (they are bad) and lily needs more support to work (water gen)
    Removing those conflictive champions and adding 2x revolting fentek, 2x privateer captain will do a lot for the bg.
    For the other slots, I would recommend either poison based champions like marsh warden, toxic anuran and poison elemental, and you can try also with a couple of mindweavers to make use of illusions. Of course you may want to add a bit of raw power also, in that case, tide master or furies are good choices.
    If you include tide masters, you can also run drown for the ocational problematic champion.

3. GabrielQ

Also these decks are a lot of fun in splits, /SP with new mud elemental, firebombers and trappers, /ST with gale force, swap and freeze in place and /KF with centaur skirmisher and carnivorous vines

4. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

Thank you Gabriel , My slam deck is a LOT better now without those tortuns. Its working a lot of the way I wanted it too , plus im discovering all kinds of new , fun combos. Thank you again for the advice.

5. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

I have come across a small problem with my group that I have discovered after playing it for a while now; the Privateer Captains lockdown. While it is somewhat helpful in dealing with units ( especially those with flight or levitate) I was aware it affect my champions as well..... the main problem with this is I cant use salaman commandos pull ability on a unit in the captains lockdown. Im just looking mainly for suggestions as to how to get around this issue if possible.

6. GabrielQ

I used lockdown in conjuction with pull and I was able to overcome the problem, It's all about the positioning of the champions in your formation, If the lockdown unit is next to your pull unit, by moving one space you can avoid the problems, but if you have the privateers in the front, it will be hard to cimcurvent it.

7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

It really is just a positional thing like GabrielQ said. It takes practice and time to get used to it though. Keep in mind that Lockdown won't prevent relocation into it's effect from outside, and so long as it isn't relocating itself (such as with Swap), champions in the effect can relocate those outside it's effect. So, like, you can Air Drop into the effect (from outside), then Pull something outside of the effect inside the next turn, etc. Don't worry about "wasting" a few AP to move your Privateers back and forth during other champions' movement as necessary either. That can totally make a difference.

I've used Privateers a lot even in non-Slam-focused BGs. Once you get used to it, it'll start to feel pretty natural to position around it.