Critique this monster, k thanks bye.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by sirvile, May 12, 2017.

1. sirvile

sirvile The King of Potatoes

zombie land.png

MEATMAN likes this.
  2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

looks like a monster in darkest dungeon, or even a more Lovecraft floater from xcom

I like it but it has too much cross between monster alien and robotic so I can't decide if it's an alien robot or a lovecraft theme monster

that's really the only critique point of view, but I do like it

sirvile likes this.
  3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I like it. It looks like an Arroyo spirit has slowly begun collecting bits of armor (The pauldrons and leg things) to protects its more vulnerable self. This is me struggling to find a better way to describe it which is a good thing when it comes to monster design. Also the arm on the right seems more detailed than the arm on the left.

sirvile likes this.
  4. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

It has really short legs. Other than that, it's awesome!

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I thought it floated.

6. sirvile

[​IMG]

Geressen likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Called it

sirvile likes this.
  8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

that won't do at all,

first off why does it have 4 eyes of varying size? is that darker red diamong inside the large red diamond shaped eye a pupil? does it only see red? how does he close the eye? does he NOT close it thus having a big weak spot and also the redness is an infection?

secondly the arms seem to be mostly tentacle but then there are fingers but look at how hands operate ( in spoiler)

Spoiler: How hands work.
    [​IMG]
    either those fingers will not work with those arms or the other way around. a full tentacle would be more usefull than a tentacle with useless fingers on the end.

moving on: if we go on to the torso it apears to be very thin, possibly since it floats on some sort of machines in place of legs most of its internal organs have been removed but the skeletal structure seems to be a box at the top, some sort of support on the front left going down to a pelvis, It seems likely this is also an artificial structure as it seems unlikely that a creature with a support structure such as that can bend it's torso. since it all seems to be a solid piece this seems likely. possibly it can only turn around by moving its thrusters.
    I could be wrong about the structure seeing as it is wearing some sort of potato sack to cover its torso and genital region.

if it is not some sort of box but muscle on his upper body I just have to ask why? are the shoulder pieces also devides for levitation and flight in which case the muscle mass being there to operate the shoulders could be explained since he probably won't be using these to move his arms, his arms being tentacles.

It seems to lack a nose, and mouth or perhaps those tentacles serve some sort of purpose in detecting particles in the air. possibly it smells using it's mouth however we do not see a mouth, possibly it is obscured because its head shares the shape of a catchmask like a dragonfly

spoiler: dragonfly larva with its mouth open
    say: aaaaaaaah AAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
    [​IMG]

There does not seem to be room in the head region to place a large brain as expected of an intelligent creature. The head seems to also have some sort of frill that is severely dammaged or has not grown in a natural way.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    sirvile likes this.
  9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Was that helpfull at all?

sirvile likes this.
  10. sirvile

Immensely.
    And as a defence for myself...
    uh...i dunno...
    technomagicbullspit?

Dagda likes this.
  11. sirvile

Well it was a monster thought up for a tabletop me and my buds are making. The idea was have a ghost monster kind of thing. So i ended up taking inspiration from the organic/robotic style used for JJBA stands. Basically, make it look weird.

MEATMAN and Geressen like this.
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Ghosts don't have to make sense biologically so you've succesfully circumvented my earlier critiques of it's build.

13. sirvile

[​IMG]
    Yey.

14. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Job well done?

sirvile and Geressen like this.
  15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

After closer inspection I'm having a difficulty determining the direction of your light source.

16. sirvile

We both do.
    [​IMG]