Crystal bgs?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Kharon, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

They lack detection now, got immortality removed and I think the range of endless got nerfed. Anyone still finding a way to run crystals efficiently. We should discuss what we can change to champs/spells in order to improve this theme, I love it. It does seem a little dead now however :(

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I believe the range has been that way for quite sometime the theme is fine. They do need detection, but for the most part the theme is good. Crystal Dragon loss its signature ability and it was given to elementalist, all those who played it before were hoping on the bandwagon because of Crystal Dragon. There are many themes in pox and they all can't be played because of the low playerbase.

3. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

Crystals are pretty terrible ATM

4. KingJad

elaborate pls

5. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

trail crystal is stupid as hell. especially with swap like on crystal crawler

6. Beasts for life

Every crystal champ besides crawler and Phoenix is sub 80 nora

7. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

• Most crystal champs are not very good (To expensive, don't have a defined role or they are plain bad)
    • Trail Crystal is stupid, especially on a champ with swap. Its a autolose skill combination. At least Endless Devotion champs should be able to move trough the trail.
    • The precondition to have a Jakei around makes playing that theme a pain in the ass on bigger maps with sidefonts
    • Endless Devotion is over costed for what it does
    • Endless Devotion itself is not that good because it affects only half of the "themes" champs. From my point of view Jakei need to receive something too when they are in range of a Endless Devotion champ.
    • There are zero crystal range options over 4 range, forcing you to use ranged Jakei champs thus limiting your champ selection by a great margin
    • Medicore spell support (Crystal Reflection is not quiet meh, Imbue Luminescence is much to expensive for what it does)

8. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

I always thought crystals would be cool if they lost their dependance on Jakei.
    Instead of the ability requiring Jakei, if it said "Jakei OR Crystals", it'd be a more self-contained theme, while still allowing splashing.

I mean, how cool would an all-Crystal BG look on the field?

*This is of course, in addition to fixing other things tat need to be fixed about the theme, not a stand-alone suggestion*

9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Personally I feel the jakei/crystal interaction is awesome, and I would hate to see it go.
    But yeah, crystals are bad atm, along with most ST themes.

10. Beasts for life

Didn't you have an awesome crystal bg
    Back when they were decent

11. Pedeguerra

I did man, I did. And it was an awesome bg to play as well, lots of fun.
    But that was prior to revamp.
    Making Howler 1-3 killed it for me, though. Maybe we can convince Sok of changing him.

12. KingJad

Hmm I've never personally had a huge problem while playing crystals. Range was a pretty good point and I forgot to bring it up.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  13. Beasts for life

He was 2x auto in many of my BGs when he was 71 nora

14. Beasts for life

He used to have bravery, maybe we can replace surge enemy to help cost.

15. KingJad

16. Pedeguerra

If he gets a 2-4 or 3-5 range, anything will do.

17. Mausini

• The fact that something like swap/trail crystal could happen says everything you need to know about the awareness this theme has received during revamp. (And there has been a buff too that theme and it still is far away from being viable)
    • Endless Devotion does cost 4 nora. Nora Gem too. It is at least 2 nora to expensive and thats half of its cost...
    But my main point is, like you stated, the problems in deck building because of the lack of ranged crystal champs.
    The whole theme is feels half baked right now.

18. KingJad

Endless Devotion2 Nora

When this champion is within 4 spaces of a Jakei, it gains Nora Gem

unless there was a secret nerf poxbase missed.

The swap+trail thing was supposed to be changed but many patches haven't been happening as was originally expected. Just as the Keeper of Memories was suppose to be changed.

19. Mausini

A cool. You are right. It was 2 nora. Nevertheless Nora Gem and Endless Devotion costing the same is a bad joke.

20. KingJad

crystal crawler should be a utility rune. UP1 should have detection 3 or 2 in place of carnivore. UP2 should be the removal of the swap ranks and instead be shatter or pilfer(something that the theme needs).