Crystal Dragon - OP or Just Strong?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Pipster, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Hey guys, wanted to check in on you guys on your opinions of the Crystal Dragon. In my experience, coming up against this thing (oftentimes 2x of it) has been a huuuge problem for me. I feel like he's over-efficient for what he does at 79 nora, especially since he can activate his frost armor every turn.

Secondly, frost armor. Is it justified that this thing has CD1 and basically gives the Crystal Dragon a base defence of 6 in synergy with his 6 damage unique ability?

I've lost to this thing many times, but I've also beaten it many times (with great difficulty). Am I wrong in thinking this thing needs a hit?

2. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

Frost armor just needs 2 turn cooldown

Pipster likes this.
  3. Pipster

I think this is the main thing to be honest. Right now it's just a mindless decision. You might as well give the Crystal Dragon base defence 6 and frost armor 2 with his current cost.

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

And reduce it's SPD by 2 since it cost 2AP.

Flawless logic here.

KingJad likes this.
  5. Pipster

I'll explain it to you since you might not fully understand the logic, what with you being in rare league. In combat situations, people who play it always choose to use it for the additional defence and damage shield rather than save the 2 AP.

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I understand your tolerance level is dropping very fast.

7. Pipster

Tolerance for what?

8. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

this was more of a personal insult. You should avoid that.

9. Pipster

What, it's insulting to be in rare league? EDIT: It's just a fact that shows he might not understand the finer points of the strategy involved, so I need to clarify.

10. KingJad

Take a look around the ST forum. He has a pretty hefty understanding of ST.

Edit: it's not an insult in and of itself, but when coming from someone from a higher league it's usually mean't in a condensing way and can easily be translated into "I'm a higher rank I know what I'm talking about because I'm better." I know that's not what you said but we don't exactly have a friendly community.

singinsammy likes this.
  11. Pipster

Not sure why you're fixated on him. I'm here to discuss whether you guys think the Crystal Dragon should be nerfed or is at a fair level where he is now. I take it you think he's fine as is?

12. KingJad

I think it's an interesting rune that requires counterplay so no I don't think it's OP. I'm "fixated" on him because I don't think personal insults belong in a thread mean't purely for discussion.

13. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Oh this is on ST forum xD sorry pip... though it was a whine thread on General...

Could you bring us your deck?

14. KingJad

Where is this thread q.q I have the ST forum under watch but this thread doesn't seem to show up when I search for it manually.

15. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Below the stickys :p

16. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

as of the moment he seems tanky, but I haven't found him broken.

his kit is pretty strong though, i'll put him on watch for now.

17. KingJad

Most recent thread I have is "calisk give us detection pls"

18. Pipster

As BeastsForLife stated, I think the main issue is that his DEF buff can be done every single turn, and putting it on CD2 makes it a more tactical decision to do, rather than just plopping the dragon in mid font and putting his def up to 6 and letting the opponent kill himself by hitting the dragon.

G0y0, what do you mean "bring us your deck?"

19. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Counter-Attack is even stronker if my opponent allways attack what I left in the fonts.

Show us your deck so we can check if it's a matter of deck flawless and possibly suggest you some counter for it.

20. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

If we change frost armor cd 2 it will give opponent a chance to retaliate. Also while it's on cool down st has plenty of ways of defending if they want to keep it alive, like blizzard cloak, containment unit, but it will require some Nora instead of just mindlessly spending 2 ap every turn.