crystal mastodon

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by undred, Aug 19, 2014.

1. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

why does he have nothing in common with normal mastodon ? shouldn't he be like a wise mastodon that is like immortal and stuff .

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

It is made of Ice and Jakei's magic, based on Ice Sculptors imagination.

3. undred

with a soul of a real mastodon !!!!
    make him more like a mastodon but made of ice , i suggest trample+ crushing charge :p

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Where did you get that?

5. undred

well as i see it , jakei catch soul of stuff shove it into a big artifact and then a crystal dude poops out .

6. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

It's more the IDEA of a Mastodon than an actual Mastodon.

Goyo likes this.
  7. juril

juril New Member

"With the creation of the Crystal Yeti, an aging Mastodon arrived at the gates of the Jakei city, seeking to be reborn via the power of the artifact it had heard so much about recently." - Only an idea indeed.

Goyo likes this.
  8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Holy shlt... It seems like an ancient arctifact called C'ramil is responsible of the Crystals :O

9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I have a fun idea for mastadon ;)

shame he's a beast lol

10. undred

give him revere:crystal mastodon :p

i see him as an evolved mastodon,wiser and stronger than his brethren

11. calisk

i'd actually of gone psychic magnetism to move champs in close to his defensive strike, and his nora denial/ other luminescenses.

of course I can't buff a beast =(

daeminicus likes this.
  12. undred

i don't think there is a need for that . since we already have crystal dragon and fascinating saphire :p

i would actualy like him to be a "charger" kind of unit the only crystal with that vibe is yeti ,but mastodon in my oppinion would be the charger with no dmg .

i would see him with : trample or a variation of it , crushing charge , frost aura . He would be made around making enemies that are close pay a lot

13. calisk

well that's the thing It works well on crystal dragon, and we can reinforce the dragging mechanics on a second champ especially a slow defensive one like mastadon.

mastadon isn't offensive so defensive abilities are more in theme for him.

also I wouldn't want to just create a new mastadon we already have two with tusk and mastadon, this guy should be different imo.

14. undred

then how about majestic ? or slowing armor or preparation or freezing aura

15. calisk

well majestic and what not are not good on high def/high hp units.

slowing armor is solid especially with shaman, it's worth consdiering, I've thrown freezing mechanics around a lot, and am building around frozen a lot more, I don't want to make it too easy though.

16. undred

true we already have manacles and frost cloak and stuff . btw will you change the monks discipline abilities ?

17. calisk

got vetod for now, maybe i'll try something simpler in the future.

honestly I may just focus on making the individual monks more interesting and forget about the racial, honestly that's usually the better way anyway.

jakei shaman change got done in place of the discipline change, I needed a replacement change so I did her up quickly based on a suggestion from gabriel.

Goyo likes this.
  18. undred

it was much cooler than the regular ability :/ .
    what about gaining abilities when a condition is met ?

19. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Are you able to be more specific regarding who vetoed Discipline changes? Would like to know if I should be lobbying to Gedden and/or other members of the PCR.

20. undred

so u know who you have to hunt down ?