Cthulhu

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Vorian, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu

[​IMG]

Now dont you guys think that the god of all firk deserves at least 1 rune, or a reference to him on a rune? Also if you released an Old Ones expansion it would help attract fans of the Cthulhu mythos to this game, which you could advertise here. https://www.facebook.com/iaiacthulhufhtagn?fref=ts

I am not very religious but Cthulhu is one of the 2 gods I worship, and its easy to see why because of how magnificent he is.

2. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

all firk look like this. doesnt he have enough references to him?

3. nynevening

nynevening Member

Cthulhu does not look like that sir, you should read more Lovecraft.

4. Iskandak

[​IMG]

still cthulhu

5. Vorian

I am telling you whoever originally made the firk got inspired by Cthulhu. Anyway Cthulhu needs to have 30 damage if you are ever gonna give him true justice.

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Why are you so obsessed about Cthulhu?

7. Iskandak

he's obsessed by creating a lot of topics

JellyBerry, SPiEkY and chickenpox2 like this.
  8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

so like mw24?

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Vorian

Its hard not to be obsessed by him because he is so magnificent.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  10. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Ah it's one of these tentacle things, we get it. Knock yourself out.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

I'm almost 50% certain that the Firk were inspired by Mindflayers, not Cthulhu.
    (Who in turn were likely inspired by Cthulhu, but that's totally different)

[​IMG]

Leadrz, Netherzen, Qucas and 3 others like this.
  12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

As @SkeletonKing said, Firk are based on Mind flayers (Illithid) which are based on Cthulhu. Mind flayers use psionic abilites, where Cthulhu was never credited with any kind of psionic power.

Firk are different from both in that they are natively good, not evil. Also Poxanthru is its own realm, there is no lore stating that it is in any other realm. I would prefer that we keep Pox lore unique. While there are many similarities to other fantasy realms, Pox is pretty original as well.

Cthulhu is supposed to be the size of a mountain, so he would not fit in the game either.

13. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

We must go deeper!

14. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Cthulhu as an alternative Avatar from FS! Make it so!

15. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I don't know much about Cthulhu, so take what I say with a grain of salt. (I did however just start listening to a sound book called Necronomicon from Lovecraft.)

If I am not mistaken, Cthulhu doesn't have a form human brains can imagine. The depiction of Cthulhu is just a depiction of how different Cthulhu might look from what are used to.
    Cthulhu is generally not considered a one being, but instead an idea of a being.

Giving Cthulhu a physical form and being able to fight it goes against the very idea Cthulhu stands for.
    The scary thing about Cthulhu is that humans would have no way to battle Cthulhu, as humans are seen as insignificent and bound by physical form.

If Cthulhu is in the game, my guess is that Cthulhu is the bound that all Firk share.

Extra for those who might have missed it.
    Lovecraft books are often about an impossible crime, often involving a detective.
    Look at the art of Firk Executor. Realize the awesomeness.

Leadrz and Vorian like this.
  16. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Basically what soulmilk said.

The only way I could imagine a direct Cthulhu reference ingame was as an Avatar that can only transfigure if you control 5+ Fonts (i.e., would most likely have won anyway), but that has some interesting feature while not transfigured.

17. Vorian

What about a cultist unit that could sacrifice itself to become an avatar of Cthulhu?

18. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

You are all forgetting about the greatest of the Deep Ones. Not much is known about him but for a single passage in the Necronomicon:"Absorbent and yellow and porous is he"

IMAGIRL, Vorian, soulmilk and 2 others like this.
  19. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

So this guy?
    [​IMG]

Vorian, soulmilk, Qucas and 3 others like this.
  20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I like Hulu+.

Qucas and SaintKiwi like this.