Current Events

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TeaScholar, Aug 15, 2014.

1. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Lately there has been a lot of Earthly turmoil unfolding, police brutalities, genocides in parts of the world. Ebola. The list goes on. I was on facebook and saw the majority of the posts in the newsfeed were about these kinds of brutalities and much racial unrest was clearly stated, so as a half-black half-white man with a pretty decent head on my shoulders, I felt I needed to say my piece, because I felt it was an opinion unspoken. So in short, I posted this in response to it all, and I wanted to hear what responses to this sentiment would be said from you fellow pox players.

And you can also generally address and discuss current events in general, as to make the most use of the topic, as there are no legitimate topics relating to this right now in this forum, I noticed.

That being said, this is what I wrote:

2. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

The approach is an existential one. One would have to be very resilient to disregard such things. I believe asking a predominantly white male community how they feel about the world is silly. They are on top. They face no oppression whatsoever.

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I dislike zebra people not because of their black and whiteyness but because they talk purple.