Current power ranking?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by edmek55555, Feb 9, 2017.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

KF has a 35 nora global lol.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think that ordinal rankings are dumb and uninformative. Matchup charts and tier lists are much better for pretty much everything except emotional support.

3. DiCEM0nEY

Matchups don't matter when it comes to the lists in the OP, since you have the same % of running into a opponents playing X faction do to supply and demand. These lists however, are VERY hard to make accurately, because they require extensive game testing, statistics, and game knowledge.

4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

And this, my friends, is why pox is unique. (Answering that other thread bout why pox is special)

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Even if Pox actually had a competitive environment that perfectly equalized a competitive environment, what you just said would still be untrue nonsense; matchups are the things that construct tiers and ratings in the first place -- not only do they matter, they are the thing that matters.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

7. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I honesty laughed so hard at this hahahaha

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  8. DiCEM0nEY

If you assume people play ranked to win, and are using the most efficent BGs to win with at the top, then matchups would become irrlevant, because they are already taken into account.

My choice of using X rune over Y is based on the current efficiencies of the market as a whole.

Ill neither agree nor disagree with your assessment that pox is not perfectly competitive though, since there is market manipulation and trends (think Qing to fight versus tiny specifically, or players trying to imitate others irregularly yet consistently).

EDIT: desecration good for showing stealth at least.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  9. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Don't you talk bout SP

10. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

This assumes their is a top deck for each faction.

It's quite common for a scenario like the following to occur. Let's say ud meta loses to KF meta but KF meta loses to ud spider which loses to sl meta which which loses to st flyers which loses to st meta which loses to ud meta.

It's not a tier list that is of any use when you only look at factions alone

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

and all of this lose can still lose to their bad matchup if played badly. Because, to be onest, if I play the most OP UD ever with BE, temple of brutality etc against Tiny or Baller with a bg made of just classic commons, i would still lose.

12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

1. Whatever faction the guy I just lost to was using
    8. Whatever I'm playing

The rest are whatever order

13. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

The majority seems to be losing to ST and the majority is a FW player