Current ST power could do with some trimming.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoldTiger, Feb 7, 2017.

1. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Nerf Battle leader and swarm!
    and also the poor cyclop ritualist!!

oh sorry wrong page

2. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Have you thought about nerfing Tiny... you know for balance.

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

@GoldTiger you keep mentioning how be shut down ST, but I think ST was one of the best factions at dealing with this. Old UD rush was a better matchup for ST than SL meta is now for sure.

4. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

This was under the assumption that old pounce went through ST mitigation and also that mind storm for 15 dmg 35 Nora would have solved any nkd issues. Also pincushion could simply walk up to your frontline too no? Also UD AoE is a killer for snow spinner right? They have some of the most prevelat AoE spells out of any faction.I assumed its a good matchup for UD (>50%), and that anything greater than that makes this matchup WAY less fun or desirable than say a 55% Los matchup against SL due to how coinflippy the matches were. Maybe that's just me who would rather a 55% loss game against SL than a coinflip against UD. Sure it's easierthan vsing SL meta but SL Was the best faction this patch and last for obvious reason. Peoplr spammed UD because the game was often over in 10 mins and it was easier that way.

Just my thoughts from my phone.

5. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

you had no respect for me anyway, so GTFO and add me to ignore troll Firk. your posts and like placements for soo long havent gone unnoticed.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I wouldn't have ran the BG I was playing if I was playing ST when UD was everywhere.

2x border guard elite, 2x doomie, 2x snaptooth guy 2x frost giant/crystal mastadon etc. Just a ton of efficient meat, barely any ranged champs. Out muscle their melee. Lost trails also worked wonders vs ud.

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This is what happened when Sok started replying to everyone, put the "council" together and basically made nerf threads "stronger" by letting the noobs call the shots.
    3 pages of good discussion, 7 pages of nonsense crap.
    Well played gents, well played.

8. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

ya I took out lost trails after the rush meta ud died down, nice spell to have in our tool box though for when the meta gets a bit too rushy

Tweek516 likes this.
  9. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

heh and calisk is not even using snow shroud or if he does it is a very little part of his game plan

10. Excalibur95

thanks for the ST nerfs sok, they would have been largely overlooked again otherwise. i hoped cydna would have recommended a nerf to snow shroud but the patch came too soon. i still think snow shroud needs a cooldown increase and that the change wasnt enough, we shall see.

i have reasons for wanting the nerf, snow shroud just makes a champ too difficult to kill (varies by faction), snowspinner sits in the back too hard to get to (especially with the trail snow around) or kill and when you kill the snow shrouded champ they snow shroud the next.

its one thing having evasive and reflexes on the one same champ but letting them add both to any champ is just asking for trouble (makes superchamps).

i havent looked but are grant evasive and grant reflexes both on any champ? it would still be op.

happy that orb of frostfall/snowfall 2 is gone.

11. Braxzee

that is not true I use snowspinner in only ferren BG's.

12. Braxzee

If snow shroud makes the champ un killable then why do so many ferren die so quickly :(, then why does scrapper not make a champ un killable, or a champ with evasive and reflexes at 50% not killable, or a champ with portal dancer Un killable? Why does a champ with arrow eater, evasive and majestic not killable, why are those scenarios ok?

13. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Real question is, why do you only and constantly go on about Ferren? There is more to ST than Ferren, she is used in more bg's than Ferren, stop with the bias and look at her with the view of the bigger picture in mind.

14. Excalibur95

i edited my post got carried away, you cant deny on the right champ it makes them very hard to kill. you play ST with all kinds of precision so not as much a problem anyway.

15. Excalibur95

this.

16. Braxzee

17. Braxzee

That is the whole point so does majestic, scrapper, tough 3, subsume, arrow eater (immune to range), evasive reflexes they all make a champ harder to kill. What do you want a player to do? Create a BG that is easy for your BG to take down...Makes no sense

18. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

positioning is usually my defensive tactic of choice, I don't like relying on paper shields and almost every defensive tactic can be countered.

thus I've always subscribed to the "best defense is a good offensive" type of thinking

nothing against the ability, and nothing against the players that don't prepare for it or know how to work around it, I supported the nerf out of the frustration it must cause for new or less experienced players, but it's not something i'll usually make space for in my bg's at least not on the merits of the ability on it's own

Braxzee likes this.
  19. Braxzee

Precision does not help with arrow eater or majestic. But I do not make an all range BG and say nerf arrow eater.

20. Excalibur95

im not the only one who has problems vs snow shroud, your making out i am.

scrapper is op, id nerf if i could but at least scrapper cant be given to any champ.