Current ST power could do with some trimming.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoldTiger, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Is their a chance she could gain race Jakei then? She used to be a Jakei trying to become a shard master so it would make sense.

2. Braxzee

I am not saying to nerf either one they are both built very well.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, looks like it's missing. Not much to do with this thread though.

4. Braxzee

Aria has Cleansing flame, Basic Attack, Grant magic Aura, An AOE as well for Celestial Spear and ruin. All abilities that are good to be ran in any theme. Especially cleansing flame in a protectorate faction.

Snow Spinner - Basic Attack, Heal, orb, quest support, snow shroud. Con Mercy. Both champs have the same amount of abilities going on. 4 on Spinner and 4 on Aria.

5. Braxzee

Oh yeah we are trimming ST not adding too :(

6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Well bare in mind Quest support gives 2 additional abilities, and you forgot to mention ferren focus which freeze on auto attacks.

7. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

The sunder on this champ always gives me a giggle.

8. Braxzee

Since rimeweaver is not complained about having snow shroud then Maybe Snow spinner goes to 5 spd with lethargic and gains vivify. This will make her pretty much a Ferren supportive Champ and a lot of coding does not have to happen

9. Sokolov

She doesn't need 2 more base abilities.

10. Braxzee

was thinking that vivify would cos her to be used with ferren. Eliminate a lot of the split abuse. Lethargic and spd reduction would be nerfs in a non ferren BG

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Ya know, this is just a thought. But there was a thread just like this for UD like 2 months ago. not much has changed since then soooo what gives to u guys?

12. GoldTiger

what do you mean? I thought the only way to get changes is to make forum threads.

Or do you mean why do we all of a sudden hate snowspinner when we were complaining about UD just recently, because I would love to tell @Sokolov why.

13. Sokolov

She has 5 base abilities, 6 if you could Arctic bundled with Ferren Focus. She doesn't need 2 more base abilities.

14. themacca

i mean there was a thread about how UD was way too strong and there was a ton of posts on it. Now with very little changing there is a thread about how ST is way too strong with a ton of posts on it. Willing to bet we give it 2 weeks or so, there will be another thread JUST LIKE THIS on another faction. There's always this same BS with people calling factions way too strong when there is evidently stuff that is just as strong out there that just isn't being played.

I am fully aware of why the snowspinner specifically is being called out, it's not the only thing being called out though and im sure sok already knows why.

Point is these threads are ridiculous and i hate them

15. Sokolov

It always ends up being a "list all the things that are good in this faction" thread.

16. themacca

how many of these things were the same before the most recent patch out of curiosity? Only change i can think of and i dont even think it has been mentioned is breath of l'usara.

It's just frustrating to see this crap constantly coming up over and over again.

17. GoldTiger

AHA we have one.

Okay so last patch the meta was:
    SP meta junk
    IS(/SP) structs
    UD rush
    SL meta

These were the top decks and any of them were rank 1 viable imo. Now where was KF illusions and ST good stuff you may ask? In the most recent patch absolutely NOTHING was changed about them. However, that is the point. Last patch if you were to que the current version of ST in to ranked. You would be dominated by UD, most notably BE. BE didn't care what you had it was dealing damage. Likewise with KF. Other than being rushed by UD, you had things like hyaenid dreamcrusher 2x in SP, and firk mindshredder (which I still stand behind the "it's trash" statement @Sokolov, though I do still run 2x for illusion bgs and don't deploy them for anything else). You would have been absolutely dominated by these 2 runes, as well as SP having other great options. Likewise SL is still great against these 2 in the meta game. Finally, IS structs was simply a better version of illusions.

Now what happened to these BGs? They were nerfed, however in a meta-game as fragile as poxnora these have large effects. As @nepyonisdead said you have to adjust to the meta, and since these decks became worse you had to adjust.
    IS structs lost a huge amount of heal rendering them a lot less effective. Hyaenid dreamcrusher was nerfed (haven't seen it since) and likewise with mindshredder, so KF illusions ran unchecked. I can tell you right now I have vsed gemmas illusions before the patch and they were far more manageable. If KF illusion players climbed the ranks last patch to battle the meta would have hit a brick wall eventually when they came up against IS (relic font counters them) and SP meta players. ST is a different case in that BE was so oppressive to any slow play that some of the multi-champion/equip setups and combos you see in the current meta were phased out and 'non-viable', also UD AoE and single target spells would have destroyed that style too (they were good don't get me wrong, ST was #5 for me and played a similar more beast focused meta BG such as sonmbra's).

Theres nothing I hate more than seeing the players chastised for being "indecisive on what's OP, the games the same make up your minds nerds". That is simply not the case. You don't have to buff something for it to become good. Nerfing things have the same effect, just in a different way. In higher ranks the game is pretty well figured out imo, and I hate when people who barely play vs THE meta talk as though the players are just 'discovering whats good'.

ty for reading hope you learned about game.

limone1981 and nepyonisdead like this.
  18. Sokolov

I think a larger part of what gets nerfed call is who is actually playing and what decks they are using. The player base is too small to really call that a "meta" but it is kind of, I suppose.

19. GoldTiger

ok. Revert the recent patch, IS structs, SP meta, UD rush, SL meta will be the top BGs. You won't see illusions that's for sure, theres nothing they have that can beat those BGs I guarantee you. ST will simply be frustrating to play due to the coinflip nature of everyone playing UD and just how bad you're countered by the whole faction. But if you want to act as though you knew better that's ok too.

Ofcourse nerf calls are based on what players are playing. Why would they play anything other than the best?

20. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

@themacca

I agree with Goldtiger.

Isn't this just the way of any game similar to this? There will always be something incredibly broken and then there is always a few things that is broken but it's not as noticeable because it doesn't get used as much or because it's not as good as X. Then when X gets nerfed the slightly less broken things take the spotlight for number 1 spot. This doesn't mean that it wasn't broken or that people are complaining for the sake of it (Well I'm sure some people do the that, but not all), it generally just means that the new OP stuff is in the spotlight and getting more coverage, on top of that there is nothing stronger to make it look weak in comparison.

So like you said, UD was the most broken thing, it got nerfed, ST has now taken it's place and yes, you're right, when ST gets nerfed 2 weeks later something else will be being complained about, and again after this.

Should we stop complaining or pointing things out because it's an endless cycle? Probably not. After all Sok is only one person, and without trying to sound rude he doesn't play actively enough to be able to catch every abusable combo and find every OP rune, so most of the time people are complaining because if no one complained I doubt anything would ever get nerfed.