Current Stitched Situation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EmperorSauron, Oct 20, 2014.

1. EmperorSauron

EmperorSauron I need me some PIE!

Right now you can argue stitched dont need any buffs, to which i would counter that Tyrant doesnt, he's basically whats carrying the stitched theme since the revamp that rendered stitched ineffective in the current pvp. Now i did speak to Senshu about this who assured me stitched would be getting an overhaul somewhere in the future(give or take 2 expansions later). I was also made aware that Tyrant will be getting a nerf, not very surprising since half the game called for its head.

So if Tyrant is to get nerfed at some level it would most likely throw the Stitched back into the shoebox. In order to somehow delay this i would propose a buff for my beloved Stitched First. The proposed buff options are as follows:

Gains Relocate Relic+Death Pact+Transfer Life on First Upgrade Chain
    Gains Reconstruct:Magician/Dreameater/Blackguard on Second upgrade chain
    I think this needs to happen by default, as his current upgrade chain makes absolutely no sense

Second Buff proposal:
    Loses Attack Magical, all dmg and gain Psychic Ping:2 or 3(i think 2 works best, 3 would be too much)

OR

Gains a Ranged increase to either 2-4 or 4-6

Its super obvious that the First is not meant to be a melee champ, then why exactly is he one? Players would use him for psychic ping before anyways, so why not remove damage and his basic attack to give him ping on base?

Also Detect back on Librarian please
    So heres the buffs proposed, let me know what you guys think

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    TeaScholar and Leadrz like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Honestly, stitched are by nature such an obnoxious theme. Especially the first. Balancing them without the overhaul seems pointless. I don't ever see the current theme being balanced, it'll always tip the scales in one of both ways.

3. EmperorSauron

EmperorSauron I need me some PIE!

I do agree that they're obnoxious, but thats the whole purpose of them. They're built to annoy the opponent into quitting, which is why if you notice most of them(exception of Tyrant ofcourse) are pretty fragile, as their whole playstyle depends on them dying. On top of that they're easily beaten by mobility, as there arent any stitched with flying or more than 6 spd

TeaScholar and Leadrz like this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm sorry but that's bull. "be so obnoxious the opponent quits" is not a thing, no matter how hard FW tries.

Leadrz likes this.
  5. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

AP generation beats us too. Because they spend AP killing remains.

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

This is very close to what I was thinking for the patch after next. The plan is to nerf tyrant and buff two or three other stiched at the same time. I haven't worked out the details, but First will definitely be among them.

EmperorSauron likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But how do you have space in one of your five options to buff stitched when so much in UD needs nerfing?

8. badgerale

How do you know what needs nerfing in UD? You don't play the game.

kalasle, EmperorSauron and TeaScholar like this.
  9. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Nerf Gloombringer please...
    Tooo OP

The depression ability makes everyone around me lose 2 dam
    (Edit# i'm joking, guys. )

Back on topic, would love to see the changes to stitch you are suggesting badger

EmperorSauron and TeaScholar like this.
  10. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Unfortunately current devs have zero understanding of stitched in general.

With the revamp they killed:
    all ST/x variations,
    all SL/x variations,
    all but one UD/FW variations,

replaced FS parastrike with FS db,

and messed up lots of spells/champs in general.

With diversity decreased from dozen bgs to couple, I don't even see any point in trying to balance such nonsense.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

There havent been any patches since I stopped playing.

I have also been gifted with "the smart" which allows me to notice these things faster than your average joe. Or most players.

12. badgerale

Then bless me with your wisdom, what needs nerfing in UD?

13. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

I completely agree with the OP. And also-

I conclude that BurnPyro is a troll, wasting space and our time with his sewer fluid that he spews.

And aside from Tyrant losing symbiosis (the free champs), first gaining... well.. playability because he's utter garbage now (jokes and puns aside), and librarian getting detection again- - of which all of these things I do indeed support,
    there is one thing I want to illuminate when it comes to stitched.

The whole merging ability. The option in itself is dumb and adds to the over-cost of the fragile weak champs. If I'm not bein clear then let me- I'm talking about the ability where the three specific kinds of stitched can merge and become a bigger champ like merged or magearm.
    Now... Now... this is a cool concept and lorewise it makes perfect sense. But it's bar-none, THEE one and only ability in the game that simple DOES> NOT> SEE> PLAY.

After all, DoG is high in spirits of just totally scrapping things when they clearly aren't efficient (or at least vaguely). So why not take some abilities off of the stitched to bring their over all cost down.

And finally- I beat EVERYTHING-- let alone UD meta with maxx and all the crap you want to complain about, @BurnPyro ... And I did it with FF FW using attrition, which is a real thing and will swallow you whole no matter how hard you try to look away.
    This thread is for the acknowledgement of the stitched and what could be changed- not what faction and FotM is scaring burnpyro the most. You know what? Maybe you'll finally give up your endless nerfing crusade for the sake of "balance" someday and just uninstall. That would be lovely.... Ragic.

EmperorSauron likes this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Warogg, Tyrant, Nef Siphon, Caverunner, beckon demon cd1

15. TeaScholar

Beckon Demon cd1 is a problem.
    But again that has nothing to do with stitched

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You're really bad at this game and no amount of purple can hide it. FF FW attrittion doesnt make any more players quit than any other bg whe its broken. Just because people do "annoying someone until they surrender" is not a thing because it's entirely subjective.

I seem to have hit a nerve with the FW comment, clearly that's trolling. I wish people with no sense on how to argue would stop tryingbto dismiss everything they dont like as trolling. It makes you look stupid.

17. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Nerf stitched!

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh and btw, I didntbsay FF FW attrition wasnt a thing you illiterate chump, I was saying that there is no such win condition as "annoy to the death". FW attrition wins by dragging the game out and yada yada yada. They win a legit way, by winning on the board.

So take your poor reading, writing and argueing elsewhere, mr butthurt. Better jump the gun and defend my faction cause someone used it and Im not sure what it means.

19. TeaScholar

Burn. You're drunk. Go home.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I has got to taste bitter when you start a fight over something you read wrong and realise you just can't do say anything anymore huh.

You realise that the definition of trolling also includes derailing threads, which you did when you got all butthurt. Welcome to the fun side