Current UD meta achieved through rune forge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glad0, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Glad0

Glad0 I need me some PIE!

Deleted for being a dumb thread.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  2. Tfguy

Tfguy Devotee of the Blood Owl

What is meta and what is not is entirely in your hands and you can't exactly generalize it.

When it comes to the rune forge, I am glad that we can finally create runes with spares, but when you calculate how much single runes cost now it isn't exactly cheap to create them. You need a lot of gold for it. More than during SOE days when you think about it.

So what I'm trying to get at here is that I as a UD collector myself think that your worries are kind of unjustified.

3. only

only Active Member

if you're big collector of UD, it means you're not going to trade those runes and play them yourself. in this case, you didn't lose anything. it's not like they were nerfed or so.

to be honest, considering the reaction, they're in much bigger need to increase availability of runes so it's only a beginning if everything will go by plan.

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

So you are saying you want access to runes restricted so you can trade for higher profit? You are saying that you are not happy when other people can reach their goals because you had to work harder to reach your goals, and wish them to not reach their goals?

That sounds pretty psychopathic.

As for the value of your collection, I certainly don't care, and as a FS player nobody ever wanted my collection and I had to constantly downtrade. So, really, get a grip.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Lol that's so selfish. "I lost value on some of my runes, plz make it harder for other players to get." No.

I should go forge a 100 demonveins just for you.

Queegon likes this.
  6. Mdude186

Mdude186 Member

Wow, just wow. The op sounds like a small selfish child...I hope this attitude is not reflective of the rest of the community. Otherwise I'm playing the wrong game. Also, for those who have read my previous posts about elitism, this is what I was talking about.

Queegon likes this.
  7. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

UD is not as prohibitively expensive to play as it once was. Working as intended.

8. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I've been seeing a lot of posts about the "elitism" of pox players, and I have to disagree. I'm pretty new (showed up around the time Caverunners were Firking things up) and I've always received help in some form when I've asked for it, and that includes runes. Even when I ***** about something being overpowered, I'm given tips on how to beat it and reasons on why it's not THAT overpowered.
    Don't get me wrong, I hate some of these Firkers but, in general, the community is rather kind.

9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

That might not happen anymore because of the Forge but that's not the point.

People that go QQ MY VALUE T_T seem to forget quickly that their precious collection isn't worth jack s*** if the game dies... which was happening before DOG took over.

Zenity likes this.
  10. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

As an UD zealot and collector allow me to say this to you with the utmost emphasis and sincerity:

LOL

Shimaru, Nea and Queegon like this.
  11. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

it's true that UD and FW get the big hit and this because of a lot of players was playing them,
    and I think FW get it harder, and I didn't see anyone crying about it
    so what?
    the leg of them will be now more hard to get

12. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Its not about the value you lost because they made your runes easier to get, this helps everyone in a way obtain the runes they could never get. New players now have a chance to play the game and have there collections grow without spending hundreds on the game.

13. Kylowinter

Kylowinter The King of Potatoes

Still can't obtain hekatians so you can't really paly UD

14. Glad0

Okay guys, way to be ****s. I just feel like I spent real money on this game and now it has become less valuable in a blink of an eye without warning. I am so unreasonable to be tad bit upset let me go repent.

15. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Well, I used real money on this game too, lets say, on an Aspect of Growth, which turned from runnable to utter crap, so that I lost all value I invested in it. Happens.

16. Glad0

Yeah, it happens, great , but don't tell me to be elated in the ohhh soooo joyful losing of my money, and more importantly don't tell me I'm wrong. The fact that I'm voicing my opinion is that; nothing but an opinion, and sure - it may not be a popular opinion , but then again most people aren't in my position.

Survival of the fittest, there is no charity in real life. That's how humans are wired; to fend for them selves. You'd be foolish to expect anything else.

17. Glad0

I'm sure the rest of the community , and yourself , would be mildly irritated if they're money all of a sudden became valueless.

Selfish are those who reap the benefits and turn around to spit on those who have lost.

Understanding is obviously not one of your strengths.

18. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Your money is still right there, helping shape the game for the others to enjoy. What is so difficult to understand? Your perceived value went poof, yes, but you still have value from it, it's just not monetary.

Wanna make a collectors' investment? Go buy some Legacy staples from M:tG. Pox evolved, and it is for the best.

Also, I doubt your so called "UD investment" is greater than what some members of the community (myself included) actually spent.

19. Glad0

I have nothing but the highest hopes for poxnora, and I hope DoG is able to revive this game and make it better than ever before.

But it is also important to remember that those of us who spend money are supporting the game.

20. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You know what I read at the OP?
    I can't buy wins like before.
    Maybe you want to try to say that in a different way if that's not what you meant.